Thread: Trials

Default Trials

How come there are all these wonderful trials going on (Sansrosa,etc..) and they have never once included anyone from the Rosacea forums?

Am I completely out of the loop? You'd think these companies would be checking us out and asking if anyone would like to be available for certain trials.

They always seem to get their guinea pigs.. but never one of us.
    Hmmm... :? :? :?
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: Trials

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotCanuck
    How come there are all these wonderful trials going on (Sansrosa,etc..) and they have never once included anyone from the Rosacea forums?

Am I completely out of the loop? You'd think these companies would be checking us out and asking if anyone would like to be available for certain trials.

They always seem to get their guinea pigs.. but never one of us.
    Hmmm... :? :? :?

Acutally, there are at least two that I know of from this group alone. I believe it is suppose to be quite hush hush at this stage and thus the reason for the silence. Different studies and different companies require forms to be signed about release of information or non-release of information.

Why are the first stages of clinical trials "hush hush", anyway?

Not saying this one is or is not, but this thread reases a good point: the initial phase usually isn't advertized at all. I guess they find enough people to recruit without having to look too hard.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by todmiller
    Why are the first stages of clinical trials "hush hush", anyway?

Not saying this one is or is not, but this thread reases a good point: the initial phase usually isn't advertized at all. I guess they find enough people to recruit without having to look too hard.

Smaller pharamceutical companies like SansRosa will usually keep their entire Phase I studies completely secret or "somewhat" secret throughout Phase 1a, Phase 1b and Phase 1c, so that the larger pharmaceutical companies dont make the product or derivative in half the time, also sometimes there are patent problems or delays throughout the first Phase that necessitates some degree of silence until everything is officially worked out and all other Pharmaceutical companies must back off. And of course there is always the "I dont know factor".