Thread: Pulse Dosing With Sporanox

Default Pulse Dosing With Sporanox

Hi Dr. Nase,

I've recently had a series of laser treamtents with Dr. Darm and while it's done quite a bit of good for my flushing, unfortunately, it did not help with my seb derm. I actually think the Biaxin made things worse in that respect.

I'm currently taking Sporanox (100mg, 2/day) and it's working quite well on the flakes, scales ect...I''m very happy with it! My one 30 day trial period will be up soon and I'm thinking about pulse dosing once a month with it afterwards. Do you think this is safe to do long term? And should I get monthly liver tests done on such a small dose? The one I had before starting on it was excellent.

Just curious what the safety level is on a 7 day a month dosage is.

Thanks,

Tricia

Unfortunately, Dr. Nase says he is through posting on here. I have seb derm, too--in fact, I think I have a sebaceous cyst the size of a half dollar (but not sticking up very far) on the top of my scalp. In the past,when I took my 3 courses of Accutane, it has flattened out entirely. Lately, it started swelling again, and I started taking 320 mg. saw palmetto extract (OTC--WalMart's Spring Valley brand) twice a day again. It doesn't work as well as Accutane, but I do notice significant flattening within a day and a decrease in facial oiliness, too. It decreases conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, which is implicated in over-active oil glands. (Should not be used in women who might get pregnant.)

Saw Palmetto huh? I never heard of that for seb derm, interesting! Accutane worked great for me too, I wish I could stay on it for the rest of my life.

I'm sick to death of people hounding Dr. Nase. I just can't understand why anyone who doesn't agree with him would follow him around from board to board. And why do people care so much if their posts get deleted? It's an Internet message board for Christ sakes!

Sorry, just venting.

Tricia