Thread: Treating Seborrheic Dermatitis with New Photoderm?

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Treating Seborrheic Dermatitis with New Photoderm?

Dr. Gary Cussel In Australia claims to be able to successfully treat seb derm with Photoderm treatments. Have not verified or contacted -- quote from his web site

"Rosacea, facial erythema and flushing, seborrhoeic dermatitis and capillaries are some of the most successful beneficial treatments of SIPL."

Dr. G. Cussel

Hi there, would you mind posting his link -- I just did a search for him on the web and nothing came up, would like to know more about him as he's in my neck of the woods.

Cheers, B

Default Re: Treating Seborrheic Dermatitis with New Photoderm?

Dear Dr. Nase,

It's nice to meet you here. Thanks very much for this information. You always try your best to help us. You are our beloved angel! Hope we can get this SIPL treatments in North America.

Thank you

Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by drnase
    Dr. Gary Cussel In Australia claims to be able to successfully treat seb derm with Photoderm treatments. Have not verified or contacted -- quote from his web site

"Rosacea, facial erythema and flushing, seborrhoeic dermatitis and capillaries are some of the most successful beneficial treatments of SIPL."

Dr. G. Cussel

But he does not treat seb derm of the scalp, right? Because of the danger of hair loss?

Default Re: Treating Seborrheic Dermatitis with New Photoderm?

Dear Dr. Nase,

Would you link his web site here? I couldn't find his web site through Google search.

Thank you

Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by drnase

Dr. G. Cussel

I found the site Dr. Nase was referring to. Not too much information on SIPL and Sub Derm though. I have sent a question to Dr. Cussler via the attached website address. I will post an answer if he sends one.

http://www.facialrejuvenation.com.au...r-removal.html

Here is Dr. Cussells response to my questions:

Dr. Cussell:

Your site was referred to us on a Seb Derm/Rosacea forumn. This question is for all of us with seb derm on the face.

1. Is the SIPL laser being used to treat Seb Derm on the face in the US? Do you have any recommendations for dermatologists using this in the US?

2. What is the nature of the treatment? How many visits are required. Immediate and side effects? Recovery time?

3. What are the results of the treatment? Permanent cure of some/all of the area treated? Or is the SIPL a control mechanism and lifelong laser treatment will be needed?

4. If we have the means to come to you, how much would it cost, generally, for a series of treatments on the SIPL at your office and how long will it take?

Response:

Thanks for your enquiry regarding our services of Intense Pulse Light treatments for photo-facial rejuvenation. This is a treatment that can be used for Rosacea, I hope the information below and attached are of help.

My recommendation to you would be to come in and have a consultation with Dr Garry Cussell and he would be able to give you the options that are available for you to achieve your desired results. I would be happy to make an appointment for you.

There are a variety of facial therapies that could be of benefit to you but we would need to see the area before making a recommendation what would suite you.

I have attached some further information for you.

We pride ourselves in providing a caring and personal and professional service for all our clients. We have a very experienced and well trained staff.

We offer a free consultation both over the telephone and in person with an appointment to discuss in detail your individual treatments, including prices and number of treatments likely to be required.

For all appointments, we ask that you to provide a $50 holding fee in order to secure your appointment. This is holding fee is fully refundable after your appointment, otherwise, if you have a treatment, is deducted from your treatment fee.

We can give you a price guide over the phone after asking you a few relevant questions about your specific enquiry. We will give you a final price once we have seen you for a personal free assessment.

There will be no obligation for you to proceed with our treatment and we try to stay very competitive with other centers on price. We believe that we offer a high quality personal service and look forward to hearing from you.

We would like you to ring us on (02 9299 9494) to discuss your individual needs or email to us your preferred contact phone number(s) and suitable times if you wish us to ring you.

Kind regards

Diana Shneidman

Facial Rejuvenation Medical

1300 88 99 35

02 9299 9494

Head office

Level 20

44 Market St

Sydney 2000

This correspondence is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information or both. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this correspondence in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended recipient.

If you would like to have your name removed from our mailing list please reply to this email.

Typical no-answer form letter.

Yup. Completely useless. I had hoped for something more, but they obviously didnt even read the first sentence.

On another, but related, note, Dr. Nase mentioned in an October post under the IPL section about a "Scion" (Sp?) laser that has promise for both seb derm and rosacea. Has anyone tried this yet, or heard about someone who has?