Thread: Query re: your recommendation for settting

Default Query re: your recommendation for settting

Dear Dr Nase, sorry to harp on about the Genesis endlessly but I've just had tx no: 2. I came across a post by you previously where you said I should have them treat the superficial redness with 1ms pulses. When I mentioned this to the nurse she said it's pre-set to 0.3ms and that they never use anything else for that particular application. She said she was referring to milliseconds. Is that what you meant or are these two different things? She "painted" with 12-13 joules. Should I push them to crank it up next time?

Thanks in advance, B

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: Query re: your recommendation for settting

Quote Originally Posted by Bihbicat
    Dear Dr Nase, sorry to harp on about the Genesis endlessly but I've just had tx 2. I came across a post by you previously where you said I should have them treat the superficial redness with 1ms pulses. When I mentioned this to the nurse she said it's pre-set to 0.3ms and that they never use anything else for that particular application. She said she was referring to milliseconds. Is that what you meant or are these two different things? She "painted" with 12-13 joules. Should I push them to crank it up next time?

Thanks in advance, B
    Those are not the proper numbers to fit with the thermal relaxation time of the superficial vessels that are 5 to 40 microns in diameter. The literature clearly recommends the 1 ms. 0.3 ms, especially when in the moving paint mode is too short -- it allows them to cover the face in half the time but that does no good to you, the rosacea sufferer.

Is it helping at all?

Do your supeficial vessels turn dark red or bluish red after treatment or are you pale?

Hi Dr Nase and thanks for the comment. I'm kind of floundering here with these new Genesis settings -- just don't really have an understanding of them at all. After both tx, especially the one today, I am quite red generally all over, today I would say a deeper red especially on the areas they hit hard (i.e. cheeks). I've certainly not been pale after either tx. The full on red calms down after a few hours it seems. I did have a bit of increased redness and reactiveness/flushing for awhile after the last one though. Also, last time my cheeks seemed a little swollen the next few days I expect that might happen again this time.

So, just to be clear, you are definitely recommending 1ms over 0.3ms for the superficial vessels right? And do their range of joules sound okay to you (they use between 10-14 generally -- started me on 12 and upped it today to 13)? I will talk to the doc next time though about the 1ms if you and the literature say this is the way to go and ask them to do it. I don't suppose you'd have anything handy, literature wise, on this that I could maybe show them do you?

PS: as to your question of if it is helping -- in regards the background redness I'm not sure yet, was hard to tell from the last/first tx. I did think my skin looked suddenly better and paler (though it still tends to blotchiness) about 10-14 days after it though. The 1064 certainly dealt with some of the big visible viens and they hit more of those today too. I'm hoping I'll be able to tell more following this tx. This doc does seem willing to work with the protocols of other doctors etc, I just worry that I may not explain things in the best possible way as I have so poor grasp of it all. Do you think Dr Darm might be willing to speak with him directly by email if I tried to arrange it?