Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low Level Red Light Therapy (Acnelamp Red) Update

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by irishgenes
    Ah, yes, but when you eliminate all emotion to "respond very professionally" to someone, it makes that someone wonder if the reason you are supressing emotion is that you are angry.

Irish,

Good point. Remember that emotions is what makes humans great and not so great. Happiness, love, anger, hatred. These are all emotions. Of course I am upset at a few people spreading lies, but the prudent strategy is to remove the anger from the message -- just logic and facts.

In fact there are so few involved in the debunking site that only one main person writes. The famous alias John Craig. Now John Craig writes strictly off of emotions with no logic or facts. So, there is an example of the other side of the coin:

Documents in debunkingnase edited in the last 7 days:

Label Editor Last Edit

Faulty Medical Advice John Craig: Aug 7, 2005 | 10:32 AM
    Court Case Schmourt Case John Craig: Aug 7, 2005 | 8:33 AM
    Court Case Schmourt Case John Craig: Aug 7, 2005 | 1:03 AM
    Court Case Schmourt Case :Initial Version Aug 7, 2005 | 12:39 AM
    debunkingnase John Craig: Aug 7, 2005 | 12:38 AM
    The Websites Demise and Legal Intimidation John Craig: Aug 2, 2005 | 10:49 AM
    Who We Are And Why We Are Here John Craig: Aug 2, 2005 | 10:46 AM
    debunkingnase John Craig: Aug 2, 2005 | 10:44 AM
    Other Contradictions John Craig: Aug 2, 2005 | 9:14 AM
    Round the Boards John Craig: Aug 2, 2005 | 9:05 AM
    debunkingnase John Craig: Aug 2, 2005 | 9:04 AM
    debunkingnase : Aug 1, 2005 | 3:08 PM
    Professional Qualifications of Geoffrey Nase : Aug 1, 2005 | 2:33 PM
    The Websites Demise and Legal Intimidation John Craig: Aug 1, 2005 | 12:08 AM
    The Websites Demise and Legal Intimidation :Initial Version Aug 1, 2005 | 12:01 AM
    debunkingnase John Craig: Aug 1, 2005 | 12:01 AM
    debunkingnase : Jul 31, 2005 | 11:59 PM

Dont you agree that if everyone posted while they were angry, this would be a non-existent board. And when John Craig has his/her day in court soon, you bet he/she will show much emotion at the end of the trial.

Geoffrey

This was a red light thread so it would be very much appreciated if we could leave it at that and not use it as a soap box for your debunking problems.

Thanks

Peter

This user has been banned from this forum

Pete,

Yes, that was a bit off topic, but I was answering a question from Irish Genes about emotions, posts and also included an example. As you know, sometimes even the best threads go off topic for one or two posts to answer a specific question.

Dr. Nase, I understand what you are saying, but I just hope you aren't mad at ME!

To get back to the topic, Peter, I once read a book by John Ott called "Health & Light" (1973). He did time-lapse photography for Walt Disney-- those slow-motion pictures of flowers opening. He founded the Environmental Health & Light Institute, and lately I have noticed some "Ott lamps" for sale in sewing notions catalogs because he was a firm believer in the value of full-spectrum light. (I don't know if he is still alive.) He demonstrated in studies how cells exposed to red light suffered a weakening and rupturing of their walls, especially noticeable in the heart cells of chicken embryos. He did a lot of experiments on mice exposed to different light spectrums, and I got this from a website:
    "Under pink fluorescent light, the mice lived an average of 7.5 months,
    Under cool white (standard office) fluorescents, the mice lived 8.2 months,
    Under full spectrum fluorescents with balanced, trace ultraviolet, they lived 15.6 months, and
    Under natural sunlight, they lived 16.1 months."

I remember when I read this book 20 years ago, I tossed out my rose-tinted glasses! Now, he was using fluorescent lamps of various types available back then, not medical devices. So maybe these home red light devices could have an effect on you, but I am not sure the effect would be good. Of course, you aren't living under the lights all the time like the mice; you just sit in front of them for a short while.

Peter, I think you have the wrong link for the Dermalux LED success story, or at least I couldn't find anything about Dermalux on that thread.

I don't mean to change subjects...but about demodex...since I HATE all species of bugs, I am also terrified of the possibility that these little creatures are all over my face. I realize that they are not the cause of rosacea but CAN make things worse. How would you know if you had them?? Just try the oral meds and see how things go?

Default red lamp

Do you travel with the lamp? (mine hasn't arrived yet so I don't really know the size) How does that work? Thanks, Annie

I took it with me out of town two weekends ago. It's like a desk lamp size, about.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Default lamp

Oh, did the lamp need special packaging or did you just stuff it in your bag? Annie

I just wrapped the heads in a towel to cushion them a bit. I wouldn't put it in a bag, unless I packed it in there with the support of a towel so it wouldn't get jolted around. It's a pretty sturdy thing, though. You don't have to be uber careful with it.
    35 year-old male
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Just an update on this.
    My homemade LED array (see the photos forum) is working fairly nicely. I'm still working on angles and distance, though as my father owns a camera shop, I was able to snag a light meter from him and measure the footcandles of the commercial LED model at 6 inches distance and approximate that same energy at a given distance from the three "tower" arrays that I built.

I also posted a small photo of my after my laser treatment a week ago. I had some pretty decent red welts and flushing from that--I actually have 4 areas of scabbing (3 in my ear, one on my chin), and the raised red welts didn't go away for 3 days or so, so it was a pretty aggressive treatment and I'm not going to do that again.

However, the LED light is working quite nicely for suppressing my post-treatment flushing and I'd just like to share my experience here. I'm a very big supporter of red LED therapy for this disease as I have seen the difference it's been making on my condition. I would recommend building your own system, though--it's not too difficult and not too expensive and you can get total face and ear coverage (for about $400 US less than commercial models of similar strength, but more limited coverage).

But, make _sure_ you measure the energy you're putting on your face--too much is not helpful.

David
    35 year-old male
    20 + laser treatments.