HI
    I HAVE TESTED POSITIVE TO PINEAPPLE ALLERGY
    I HAVE BEEN USING WOBENZYME/INTENZYME FORTE FOR YEARS
    ARE THERE ANY NON BROMOLEIN ALTERNATIVES
    THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF?

THANKS

LORI

Lori,

That is definitely a question that a Naturopathic Doctor would know. I do not know.

Lori, I am not that familiar with Wobenzyme, but I assume it is an enzyme product with bromelain. Why do you take it? If it is for pain, I may have an alternative, but you would have to email the manufacturer to be sure it has no pineapple. The ad says not to take it if you are allergic to soy, corn, wheat, or gluten. It also has cantaloupe extract.

The Aug. 2005 issue of Life Extension magazine has an article about it. They say that the body's own antioxidants are thousands of times stronger than dietary antioxidants. This new supplement is supposedly the first to increase blood levels of superoxide dismutase. Clinical trial with placebo showed a 71% response rate for pain. The supplement is SODzyme with Glisodin. It might have some effect on rosacea because it guards against sunburn and has an anti-inflammatory effect on skin. I'm going to try it myself.

Unfortunately, the article ("Super Oxide Dismutase") won't be available on their website until next month. http://www.lef.org/magazine/ The product is available now, though: http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00801.html

Dr. Nase, if you are reading this, will you please tell me if the additive d-Limonene is likely to cause flushing the same way that Bioperene does? Life Extension is adding the orange oil extract d-Limonene to their CoQ10 product to enhance absorption.

Irishgenes, have you tried this at all? If so, what do you think? Thanks

No, I forgot all about this, but I am going to get some when I place my next supplement order. It's probably like most supplements. You read the articles about the studies showing great benefits, then you take them and just hope they are doing some good, but you really don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I guess if you are taking a supplement for pain, you'd want to feel a difference in order to keep taking it, but I don't have pain. However, now that I have read what Dr. Nase says about Glisodin on the OPC--Grape Seed Extract thread, I wish I'd gotten Glisodin two months ago when I first posted this.

Hi Irishigenes,

Thanks so much for that product link, wonder if that's the same one the guys on the grape seed thread are taking?

Karla

Here's the link to the Aug. 2005 Life Extension Magazine article on SODzyme with Glisodin: http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2005/...ort_sod_01.htm
    I don't know what the others are taking, but Glisodin is a patented product name, so any brand that says Glisodin should be OK, including the cheaper NOW brand. http://store.yahoo.com/nowcatalog/3048.html
    The NOW brand doesn't have the SODzyme, but it has 100 mg. of Glisodin per capsule and you have to take 3 of the more expensive Life Extension brand to equal 100 mg. Glisodin.

Thanks again, Irishgenes, do you take any Co-Q10 supplements?

Karla

Yes, I do take 100 mg. of CoQ10 a day for my gums. I have great oral hygiene, but my gums were damaged by orthodontia 10 years ago and become sore if I don't take the CoQ10. It is one of the few supplements where I actually noticed a difference right away.

Default wobenzym alternatives

if you guys are still looking for a good alternative to wobenzym without bromolein that still provides effective enzyme therapy with anti-inflammatory properties then I know of one. Actually according to some it is even better for pain relief and anti-inflammatory than [wobenzym. Its called phenocane and works off of the same principle as vioxx. It works by inhibiting COX2 enzymes that are known to be a cause of excessive inflammation without any of the side effects caused by vioxx (blood clots, strokes etc.) It also happens to be substantially cheaper phenocane than wobenzym. Hope this helps.