Thread: Coffee/Caffeine Alternative

Default Coffee/Caffeine Alternative

Helllo...I'm trying to avoid coffee in the morning(hot&iced) as I think caffeine is causing small breakouts, but I am like a zombie without it. Is there a safe supplement or drink that can maybe mimick what caffeine does??

I would also like to know for my pre-workouts. I use to take a caffeine pill that really got me going. I have looked at fruit drinks, but they are loaded with sugar.

Thanks...
    *A Coward Dies A Thousand Deaths..................
    .............A Soldier Dies But One*

did you get any reaction from taking caffeine pill? also some break-outs?

what i've read by now most that are flushing to coffee are flushing cause they consume it hot, not because of caffeine...

there are lot of other things that contain caffeine like tea, cocoa or guarana. but i think if caffeine really is the reason for your break outs that wouldn't help.

there's also ephedrine, but in most countries it's no longer available otc due to serious adverse effects (misuse could even lead to heart attacks...).

there are other herbal "drugs" as well, but i don't think one will find anything that is as safe - and legal:) as caffeine...

but one reason for your zombie like acting in the morning might be that you got used to caffeine - it might fade if stop drinking coffee within some days...

Eat an apple and drink some ice water.

It will wake you up just as fast as coffee and will last longer.

When you drink coffee, it heats you up, which isn't good for Rosacea, and after awhile it loses its 'awakening' affect.

Good Luck.
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: Coffee/Caffeine Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico
    Helllo...I'm trying to avoid coffee in the morning(hot&iced) as I think caffeine is causing small breakouts, but I am like a zombie without it. Is there a safe supplement or drink that can maybe mimick what caffeine does??

I would also like to know for my pre-workouts. I use to take a caffeine pill that really got me going. I have looked at fruit drinks, but they are loaded with sugar.

Thanks...

You might want to try one of the better pre-miced protein drinks like Boost? Be careful with caffeine pills if you are doing aerobic workouts -- there are documented cases of death from this combo from racing heart leading to heart attack in 20 year olds. I know I use to like raging bull

Default Re: Coffee/Caffeine Alternative

Hot caffeinated drinks are far worse flushing culprits. I drink ice coffee and the flushing is very mild compared to a hot cup of coffee or tea.

Try drinking ice cold water early in the morning. You would be surprised how cold water can energize the body. Diet Coke or low-sugar Red Bull drinks might do the trick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico

Thanks...