Thread: Has Accutane Helped You /w Flushing at All?

Default Has Accutane Helped You /w Flushing at All?

If you have had improvements with accutane and flushing would you be kind enough to list your symptoms (e.g. excess sebum production, etc) and how low dose acctuane helped you?

Thanks.

Accutane has eliminated my flushing/stinging/hot facial feeling almost completely. Not so successfull at removing facial redness.

I have used from 10 mg/day to 10 mg twice a week for five-six months.

Quote Originally Posted by cantfakereality
    Accutane has eliminated my flushing/stinging/hot facial feeling almost completely. Not so successfull at removing facial redness.

Can you tell me what were your major flushing causes previously and any other symptoms you had?

Default Re: Has Accutane Helped You /w Flushing at All?

Quote Originally Posted by fut
    If you have had improvements with accutane and flushing would you be kind enough to list your symptoms (e.g. excess sebum production, etc) and how low dose acctuane helped you?
    Thanks.
    from all reports that i've read over the time you can't expect that accutane will do much for flushing part. at least it's unlikely that it will be eliminated.

it's much more effective in reducing redness & swelling.

but i think when skin improves flushings might be less deep and not lasting as long.

Max, from my reading as well I think you are right. but I do know there a select few out there who have had success with flushing.

I feel as oil builds up on my face, I flush easier. I'm not sure if there is a definite connection, but it seems when taking care of the oil, my flushing improvement might come secondary.

Max, from my reading as well I think you are right. but I do know there a select few out there who have had success with flushing.

I feel as oil builds up on my face, I flush easier. I'm not sure if there is a definite connection, but it seems when taking care of the oil, my flushing improvement might come secondary.
    dr. nase once posted that taking accutane creates an environment that in long terms could eradicate demodex. so maybe those that had luck with flushing might be those few girls and guys where demodex is a major trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by cantfakereality

Can you tell me what were your major flushing causes previously and any other symptoms you had?
    I was not that bothered by flushing earlier. By "flushing" I am referring to stinging, burning, feeling of heat in my face and general irritation. I would get it sometimes (~20-30 prosent of the time) when excercising, drinking alcohol, when lying down at night and other random situations. It was especially bad at night, and would often make it difficult to fall asleep.

Definately, oil seems to irritate my skin and make it easier to flush. Maybe less oil = less swelling = less irritation and more resistance to triggers?