Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clothing color?

Default clothing color?

Anyone have any thought on how clothing color affects perceived facial redness? In another thread Dr. Nase mentions how red light (during certain hours of the day, reflected from surroundings, from illuminated signs, etc.) can give one's complexion a more even appearance. This got me wondering whether a similar effect would applyl to reflected color from a red top (shirt, jacket, sweater, whatever). It's something I generally avoid on the assumption it would emphasize facial redness rather than minimize it. So what do people think? Red top with red face; too much red? Or is there a synergistic effect?

- Dave
    People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day /
    But Mr. Red will never speak unless he has something to say

that's a real good question.

first idea on what effect it could have. take a look on your teeth. let's say they are rather white. then put something bright white beneath them and have another look. if you have some natural colored teeth (and not bleach so much they are blinding:) you'll for sure notice that they look much more "yellowish" then before.

i'm pretty sure that wearing red / orange colored clothes can give you a bit of less red look (at first sight). and maybe white colors would be worst.

i'm not sure if that effect will do very much, but i think it does exist...

I have the red face, almost raccoon look (white around my eyes) and I am a redhead, so watching what I wear is a big deal. I always thought that with my red heair, green was my best color!

Since my face has been getting redder over the years, I've discovered, through numerous complements that reds and pinks actually look great on me! I get told very often whe i wear these colors that my face seems clearer, or less red.

And I always thought that, as a red head, that reds and pinks were a NO-NO! not true!

Well I hope that pink isnt the only color to help with the redness lol..Pink on a guy might lead some to question if he likes girls or guys.

I think white makes people with a tan..appear to be more tan. Im rather pale everywhere. I wear light colored shorts so my legs dont look too white. If i wear black or blue they look really white.

Ive thought of the same thing though..what color shirt would make you look less red..or not make you look redder.

Quote Originally Posted by ken972
    Well I hope that pink isnt the only color to help with the redness lol..
    no - for sure not. red colored lipstick will do wonders:)

Actually, now that you mention it, I did get some comments that I looked good in red the other day. Hmmm....

I find that wearing blue t-shirts or darker colored dress shirts works well for me. But then again, I have beautiful blue eyes so the color blue probably just brings them out more..

heh heh
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotCanuck
    I find that wearing blue t-shirts or darker colored dress shirts works well for me. But then again, I have beautiful blue eyes so the color blue probably just brings them out more..

heh heh
    Haha. Yeah I like bright colors, no matter what it is. If you are comfortable in it and nice and mobile and light(especially in summer) i just feel cool and good.

I also have bright red hair. I've been told that I look beautiful in red and pink colors, especially hot pink. But when I developed rosacea, I can still wear pink, but when I wear red, it seems to reflect the red onto my face and look redder. I'm thinking it might have to do with the lighting though, because I work in a florescent environment. That same red shirt doesn't make my face look redder at home in nicer lighting.

Annie

Hard to say about colors. I went through many years wearing top to toe black with my hair hanging in my face and sporting big sunglasses all as a way of hiding my face and generally disappearing. I wonder if the original beatnik (someone had to start the fashion, after all) suffered from rosacea?
    "It's all illusion anyway."