Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Aching' pain with rosacea.

Default 'Aching' pain with rosacea.

Howdy,

I was wondering if there are any of you out there who when your face starts to hurt, like maybe during a flush or a constant pain, who have an 'aching' pain in the rosacea affected areas. I've read all over the place of burning and stinging sensations, but my rosacea 'aches'. The best way I could describe it is if someone punched you in the arm really hard, and like the few minutes after that your arm sort is aching. So if you have this too, tell me so I know that it's not just me.

-Jordan

I understand what yr saying completely however in my case im not sure aching quite describes it, niggling? I'm not sure, maybe a nagging tingle?

I've never had aching.

When i'm flushed, which is most the time, my face burns. When it's at its worse i get pins and needle type pains as well. Drives me completely crazy. What also compounds the frustration is when it happens i know it's further progressing the disorder.

Mine is more of a HURT, like i need painkillers for it or something.

Default Stabbing pain...like tiny needles

Mine is more like a stabbing pain, tiny needles, or mosquitoes walking over my face and stinging with little knives.

In those places, I break out.
    Signature bio:
    I was on accutane 30 years ago as a research patient; the problem returned in 2003. Now, I am on 20mg isotretinoin, once a day...improving.

Yes, I have that aching. It is distinguished from the sunburning, the prickling, the chemical burning, the itching. My nose aches sometimes and it is always bigger the next day. I hate that. But it is definitely an ache, different than the other pains.
    - Rachel Rose

Default oh I can most definately say I get this "ache"

Another rosacea sufferer described it as feeling as if you have just been hit in the face by a football. It's that ache bruised feeling afterwards that lingers.

Funnily enough I had this today after not having had it for a while. I think mine comes when I am exposed to cold air after having been warm, sometimes a glass of wine can bring it on or lots of sugar foods.

I remember a couple of years back I had to convince my derm it existed because I don't always flush at the same time (alhough often get some swelling with it).

Sometimes I wonder if this diease is all in my imagination as soemthing constantly is happening to my face, I wouldn't wish it on others, but it's so nice to come on here and find there are others feeling the same thing.

I think Dr Nase may have said this ache may have been due to inflammation, but don't quote me on that.

I think i know exactly what you mean jordan. I get this aching pain every once in a while and it's really uncomfortable...

Default aching face

i think that the inflamnation within the tissue causes the aching. the skin is very reactive!
    elaine1948

My aching is directly related to how long I spend in front of a computer. Also, exposure to the computer increases sebum oil production. Puzzling but always, always true.

Since my work requires extensive computer exposure, I am considering changing careers.
    - Rachel Rose