Thread: safe and possible long term solution to anxiety induced flus

Default safe and possible long term solution to anxiety induced flus

Hi Group.
    For those of us who have axiety induced flushing, we turn to Klonopin or clonidine. Klonopin and other anti-anxiety meds (xanax, valume ect) would be ideal but are NOT a long term solution. And clonidine is very limited and has many side effects (for me sleepyness is a big one).

I was researching herbs in the herb PDR and came accross Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola). This is what the herb PDR had to say about this herb:
    "Animal experminents have demonstrated anti-inflamitory actions, anti-axiety and anti-depressant effects and reduced stress ulcer rates. In vitro studies have shown antimicrobial effects. In studies with rats Gotu Kola has exibited similar sedative effects to chlorpromazine and daizepan (valume).
    I have not tried this herb but I am planning to. I don't know if it will be at all effective but it is worth a try. If anyone wants more info on it they can referance it in the herb PDR.
    If anyone decides to give this a try, let us know how it works. I will give you all updates when I try it.
    good luck
    Kris Jacobs

Default Gotu Kola

I looked into this herb and decided against it after I read that it promoted angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels, which is just what we DON"T want.

"Asiaticoside, a constituent in gotu kola, has been reported to possess wound healing activity by increasing collagen formation and angiogenesis." (from Global Information Hub on Integrated Medicine)

This user has been banned from this forum

That is the tricky thing about herbs. You dont know whether no angiogenesis will occur under normal circumstances or if it just happens after skin trauma (whcih may make you reconsider)??

I don't understand, Dr. Nase. Are you saying that the gotu kola is a good herb that we should consider taking? I will take it if you think it would help either roscea or wrinkles. I could sure use stronger collagen & elastin at my age.

thanks for pointing that out. I must have missed that when I was reading about it.
    Kris Jacobs