Thread: Shaving for me- shaving techniques both machine and razor

Default Shaving for me- shaving techniques both machine and razor

Hello guys,

I find shaving very irritating for me. I have to find a less irritating shaving method, with less redness, because I have to start shaving more frequently. Can you explain which brands of shaving gels or machine you think are more appropriate for a rosacean?
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

I used to shave before bed, to give my face time to recover overnight. But I found by morning I had enough of a beard again that mineral sunscreen would not absorb well in that area. So now I shave in the morning. I do it in the shower, which helps soften the beard and makes it easy to rinse and cool off the face afterward. Leave yourself time: time for the shower to soften your whiskers, time for the lather to work, time to shave at an unhurried pace, time to let your face calm down before rushing out the door.

I lather very lightly with Edge gel for sensitive skin. For my face I use a Panasonic Pro-Curve electric wet-dry shaver with pivoting head. This shaves my face close enough but does less well on the neck, so for that I use a Gilette Mach3 razor.

I think the actual razor or shaver used is less important than (a) finding a shaving cream/gel/lubricant that doesn't irritate your face, and (b) taking your time.

- Dave
    People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day /
    But Mr. Red will never speak unless he has something to say

I gave up using a razor and aveeno shave gel. The blades just gave to much razor burn and using an after shave is no longer a good idea as they react to my sensitive skin. After trying out just about every electric shaver known to man. I was using the sharper image panasonic with aveeno shave gel. Although I cleaned the shaver after each use I dont think I was getting it clean enough and it started really making my face red..either that or the aveeno started bothering me. Lately Ive been using the braun activator. It cleans itself and seems to be the most gentle of all the shavers. I have to shave every day for work. I found that you may have to accept a less quality shave in order to get a gentler one. Switching from a wet shave with a razor to an electric is a major adjustment. Dr. nase in his book recommends the panasonic wet dry shavers and it seems foil types are best for us. The rotory shavers tend to me more harsh on sensitive skin and can also cause ingrown hairs. There is a good electric shaver forum on the net. Ill look up the site an post it when I get the chance its called electric razor rap.

http://jimelliott.suddenlaunch2.com

That is the link to Electric Razor Rap. A very good forum about using electric shavers. Alot of good advice and tips.