Thread: Cyclosporin Drops being used more often for ocular rosacea

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Cyclosporin Drops being used more often for ocular rosacea

Cyclosporine drops being used more often for ocular rosacea.

Oftalmologia. 2003;59(4):28-31. Related Articles, Links

Dry eye syndrome. Etiological and therapeutic aspects.

Apostol S, Filip M, Dragne C, Filip A.

"Dry eye syndrome" is a common disorder of the tear film that results from inadequate tear production, excessive tear evaporation or abnormality in mucin or lipid components of the tear film. A number of 53 patients suffering from dry eye syndrome were followed up for a period of 18 months. The study group was heterogeneous, including a lot of conditions accompanied by dry eye syndrome: Syogren's syndrome, lupus erythematous, ocular rosacea, patients with systemic treatments with antidepressants, betablockers, diuretics, oral contraceptives, glaucomatous patients with topical beta-blockers, postmenopausal women, aging people, computer users and long-term contact lens wearers. The therapeutical options were dictated by the severity of the syndrome: substitution therapy, treatment of the underlying eyelid diseases, modifying of the environmental conditions and treatment of the complications in the most severe cases. The new pathological approach is innovative and it may provide a real therapeutical measure for this condition: topical A Cyclosporine and androgen drops.

As with all my information, take it to your physician and discuss the risk/benefit ratio and any contraindications.

All these answers, and they aren't even prompted by a question.

Is Dr. Nase great or what!?!

Unfortunately, they make restasis drops in a vehicle made from the eye drop Refresh Endura. I was not able to tolerate thes drops at all. Why couldn't they have put it into something more well studied such as TheraTears.

This user has been banned from this forum

Sorry to hear that Jane,

Cyclosporin is so strong that in theory it should not matter what the carrier is. It sometimes takes a month at least for sensitive eyes to get use to any eye drop.

I do understand your frustration and agree that TherTears is probably the best clinically studied eye drop.

Hi i am new to the site

I have bad dry eye, im not sure if its occular roserea or not. But i have mild rocerea. Im 20 i can see that its early stages.

DR Nase: Is occular rocesea the same thing as normal dry eye? Would restasis work for it? Is occular roserea charcterised as mainly evaporative or quantative dry eye. or does it vary? I know retasis is generally effective in quantative dry eye.

thanks sara