Thread: Reaction to zinco?

Default Reaction to zinco?

Hi all,
    Got my zinco sample anout 5 days ago. Used it for 2 days. Woke up on the third day with new break outs on my cheeks and chin. Is it possible for the zinco to affect my skin that soon or not? I though breakouts took longer and started under the surface, but these were very small, right on the surface and are clearing up quickly with linda sy acne cover lotion. Should I give zinco another try before I give up on it? Did anybody else have a small breakout after trying and did your skin get used toi it? Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Evy

Do you clean all of the zinco off before bed? If I leave it on over night, my pores become clogged and my skin is irritated.
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Default I have problems with ZINCO because of the dimethicone>>

silicones are notorious for clogging pores. HTH

Oh yea RedHotCanuck. I've always used a gentle cleasnser and moisturizer on my face before I go to bed. I've always treated my skin like the precious commodity it is. That is what is so frustrating about the last 19 months. My skin was almost flawless before the Rosacea. Don't get me wrong, it is SO much better now, but only because I'm so careful and I've spent so much time on the previous site, now this one reading everything everybody was saying. I get terrified to put anything new on my face, so I wonder if maybe I'm not giving the Zinco enough time. It's just last time I tried something new, I used pure jojoba oil, after 10 days I looked like a smallpox victim! I was afraid the break outs had totally scarred my face. But, I need a good suncreen. The mineral makeup is ok for in and out, but not exposure for any length of time.
    I was one of the lucky ones. My insurance insisted that I see my primary care phycisan first. His wife had Rosacea! He told me right off the bat; there are no cures, find your triggers, here's some metrogel and antibotics to get the initial breakout under control, best I know how to do, you're on your own. I left his office with no illusions.

I had a horrible breakout after using Zinco for i think it was only about three days--just a short period of time. It was just too heavy and thick a cream. I just think my skin could not breathe. I would not mess with it. If it causes a breakout once I'd bet it would do it again. They give you your money back if you ship it back within 30 days. I only used the sample that they sent with the cream so I could return the cream unopened.
    - Rachel Rose

Zinco and all zinc based sunblocks cause me to breakout as well. Not sure what route to take from here.