Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boswellia

Default Boswellia

Can someone please sum up what this supplement is supposed to do for rosacea? Are there any studies backing up its efficacy? Which subtypes is it supposed to be used for?
    Thanks.

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

This section has been dead lately--no posts for 4 days. Where is everybody? I am resurrecting this June thread because I am just now looking into boswellia. I am already taking grape seed extract, pycnogenol, evening primrose oil, Glisodin, etc. I really don't see any difference, but I keep taking them because they might be doing my veins some good--inside, where I can't see it.

The above link posted by RedHotCanuck sounds like boswellia is very promising. Also this link here for the scientifically minded: http://rosacea.iinet.net.au/news/200...lammation.html The sentence that got my attention was: "Realtime PCR studies showed that while TNF alpha potently induced VCAM-1 gene expression, BE completely prevented it."

Now, do I really understand what he's talking about? NO! But I just see the "BE (boswellia extract) completely prevented it " and say, "I've got to get me some of that!"

Hey I tried Boswellia for about a month once. It seemed to help a little, but not enough. Maybe it would have worked better if I gave it longer. You could try it and see if it works for you.

How disappointing! It seems like every one of these OTC supplements sounds so good on paper, but once you try them, you see little or no difference in your skin. Well, I will buy some, anyway.

I tried Boswellia before. It worked well for my seb derm but
    it caused some red bumps on my chin, probably it was an
    allergic reaction, then I had to stop it.

Best wishes, Winnie

Quote Originally Posted by irishgenes
    How disappointing! It seems like every one of these OTC supplements sounds so good on paper, but once you try them, you see little or no difference in your skin. Well, I will buy some, anyway.
    [I have mild seborrheic dermatitis around both sides of my nose and along the eye brows. My nose is a little bit oily, other areas of my face is normal.]

Actually it has worked very well for me - is regular part of my regime now

Quote Originally Posted by KHM
    Actually it has worked very well for me - is regular part of my regime now
    Success at last! What is your dose and what symptoms does it work for in you?

I use Natures Way standardided to 65% Boswellic Acids (right now anyway).

Divided doses - 1 am, 1 pm. It has to be separated from calcium, so needs to be taken before my morning vitaimines.

It helps with the "dermatitis" rashy stuff. I don't see it helping with my flushing.

BTW - I have P&P form, dry skin, and Ivermectin is like a wonder drug for me. Other things I take/use that help are Protopic, Alpha Lipoic Acid (I think this does help with the flushing, which keeps the P&Ps down as well). I also use Singluair and it definately helps as well.

What gets me nervous is that almost everything that works for me IALA and Ivermecitn excepted) is an immune system modifier.

A slightly "over busy" immune system does run in my family - we have Lupus, Addisons, and Fibromylangia in the family. And my allergic reactions are through the roof (most allergic people have reactions in the 1-4 scale range. Many of mine are 10+).

So that may be a hint as to the type of people/skin this will work for.

KHM

I have the p&p, but also all the other sub-types as well! Do you take oral ivermectin or use it as a topical? Do you just use it once in a while or all the time? Dose? I'm willing to try just about anything.
    What's the mg. on your boswellia?