Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts

Carol - let me know when you find someone in Mass!
    I could not, save for that doc who does VBeam, so I flew in to the NYC four times and had three IPLs done by Dr. Jay there. He was great and had some good results (would be better if I had more Txs though, but time and money are the constraints). I liked Dr. Jay a lot but he is very expensive, plus it's inconvenient to travel to the city.

vesna,
    have you heard of dr ranella hirsch? she is out of cambridge....she has a private dermatology practice....she does a lot of interviews for women's derm in magazines....looks expensive, but I will probably end up going there to see if she has any suggestions for light therapy for me.
    my current derm says the light therapy will only help redness.....
    I will let you know if and when I see her.
    carol

Hi. This is my first post here. I have to rave about Skin Care Physicians of Chestnut Hill. I believe the website is skincarephysicians.net. They have the best doctors. I had laser treatments with Dr Dover and he wrote the book on laser treatments. I am now seeing one of the derms there to help with my acne and have seen great improvement. The laser costs are expensive but you cannot find better quality doctors. I highly recommend.

Hi,
    What kind of laser tx did you have? What type of rosacea do you have?

Melissa

Hi. I have mainly facial redness. Have had it for years. I did 3 treatments with vbeam. The redness is about 80% gone. I think I would benefit from a 4th treatment but want to wait a bit. It is expensive and I am also dealing with hormonal acne and want to get that under control first. As someone who has had more than her fair share of horrible derms I am just grateful that I found doctors who actually know what they are doing and care about their patients.

I'm glad you finally found a skilled and caring derm! I know how difficult that is. I'm still searching.

All the best,
    Melissa

I've got an appointment with Dr. Lio (Chestnut Hill) in a few weeks. My info: 39, male, Irish heritage (check the name ), typical sun exposure throughout my adolescence, I have what I consider a fairly mild case of rosacea (ruddy looking cheeks, some redness on nose). My dad had it for years and ended up with a really reddish complexion as he aged. I'd like to stop that before mine gets more serious.

I will let you know what results from my appointment and my thoughts on Dr. Lio. (My initial skin check appointment with him went well and he seems like a nice guy.)

Good luck!

I had my first treatment with Dr. Lio last Thursday - Candela V-Beam, low dosage as I did not want too much bruising.

He started with a small test patch and said it showed the response he wanted, so he treated both cheeks (one twice as it has more rosacea than the other) plus my nose. The laser stung a little, kind of like the sensation of a rubber band snapping on my skin, but it was fine once he started.

He gave me an ice pack and some sunscreen before leaving the office. I got quite a bit of bruising on my nose and a little spot or two on each cheek, and there was slight swelling. The swelling was all gone in a few hours and the bruising is undetectable as of today (Monday morning).

I don't know if it was imagined or if it was wishful thinking, but I really think I showed an improvement on the first day. The past several days have only gotten better, the redness has toned down quite a bit and the bumps I was getting on my cheek have smoothed out considerably. This morning, my left cheek, the more damaged of the two, does seem a bit redder than it was yesterday but I think that's because I exfoliated this morning. Even with this morning's added redness, my face looks better today than it did last week.

I expect that it should take a few weeks before the full effects of this treatment are seen, but I am happy as of today.

That's great news!
    Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
    Melissa