Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you have Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

I tried eliminating refined sugars and breads/yeasts, combined with the addition of probiotics for a month. No noticeable effect on the frequency or intensity of Seborrheic Dermatitis. Ah well.

I have had seb derm ever since I can remember. I'm a male 28 years old. I've tried every products from over the counter to prescription.

What I found works best:

1. For Scalp Dermatitis mix 1/2 cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with 5 - 6 asprin mixed in with baby shampoo. mix the ingredietns and make sure the asprin is disoved before applying. Wet your scalp and apply the shampoo mixture and leave on for 15 minutes and rinse out.

The idea is the the acid in the apple cider vinegar kills the yeast on the skin and the Asprin (many of you dont know) is salicylic acid which is in a lot of dandruff shampoos already. The asprin breaks down the oily skin and helps remove the flakes as well.

Make sure if you buy apple cider vinegar it s the organic unfiltered one and not the ones they sell at major food stores which is filtered and heated. The one I use is called Bragg's apple cider vinegar.

There is a whole support forum on seb derm and using apple vinegar to clear it up: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...titis-support/

2. For Dermatitis on the chest area (eczema) I found that Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream has been working great. Yes the foot cream I apply on my chest as it 100% natural. Idea again is that its creating lipid (FAT) barrier in the skin which allows the skin to heal without causing flaking. Its thought people with exzema lack this barrier that allows the skin to naturally heal and thats why we get rashes easilty in the same spots.

Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream Ingredients:
    The emollient qualities of coconut oil soothe and smooth rough skin of neglected feet. 4 oz.Ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, olive oil, oat protein, lanolin, water, coconut oil, tocopherol (vitamin E), peppermint oil, rosemary extract, fragrance.99.30% Natural