Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

The Nizoral helped me with the dandruff, but not to an amazing amount. I mean OTC Neutrogena with .5% coal tar does the exact same job for dandruff/seb derm on scalp if not better.

Tamara,

My seb derm on my scalp was getting pretty bad until I started using Nizoral. I use it about twice a week now. Its as good as any other shampoo.. just massage it into your scalp and leave it sit for about 10 mins, then rinse.

On the other days, I use a baby shampoo because it isn't harsh like others.

Its done wonders for me .. Ive never put it on my face and never will.
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Default Me too

I have seb derm in addition to type 1 rosacea and ocular, too. Nizoral shampoo works very well for me, and I do put it on the affected areas of the face, and it helps there, too. Dr Nase has advised against using it on the face, but I had already started when he said that, so I've continued without problems.

I find that the more powerful antibiotics, like clarithromycin, make my seb derm flare up to a degree that even the Nizoral cannot control it. Too bad, because clarithromycin really makes my eyes feel better.

Live and learn...
    Kenne in Hawaii

Yes but it is essential that people with seb derm control it. If left untreated seb derm gets sooooooooo bad and red looking and inflamed and it hurts like hell. and flakes like hell.

I have found that Boscia Recharging Night Moisture works well on face seb derm. I got a sample at Sephora. I did not like the day cream as much

Jordan,

Oddly enough, I've used Pert Plus Dandruff Shampoo to control it after trying all sorts of shampoos without success, including those with coal tar. I've never tried Nizoral. The olive oil really makes a difference, too, as I explained earlier.

I haven't had it on my face, except around my eyebrows and hairline for years, now. Don't know why.

I'm also trying to figure out if some sort of food intolerance brings it on. I have it narrowed, possibly, to milk products and/or wheat products. I'm leaning toward the wheat at the moment, as it's gotten much worse recently after I began to eat some really good whole wheat bread, daily. Rats. Ironically, I was trying to eat a better, healthier diet.

My dad had it, too. And his improved with an increase in calcium and decrease in phosphorous. Don't know if there's any merit in calcium/phosphorous imbalances, but I've heard of issues related to it.

Any thoughts on that?

Hi Marc,

I've been using Nizoral (2% ketoconazole cream) on my face now for seb derm for about 3 weeks. It was my IPL doc who perscribed it to me. I asked him if it would irritate my rosacea and he said it wouldn't. Does this mean the cream might actually be making my rosacea worse? (i have vascular rosacea) Is it the yeast that inflames the skin?

Cheers,

Spav