Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

Default Do you have Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

If so, how do you control it?

I found using Nizoral shampoo about twice a week helped me the best.

Default Diflucan

I found that taking one dose of the oral "vaginal yeast" drug Diflucan cured my seb derm for about three months. It gradually came back, so I just take a dose every few months. I had a bad case with an actual swelling the size of a half dollar at the top of the scalp, crusting, & sore bumps all along the hairline. I don't know if OTC vaginal yeast drugs would work.

Default Seb Derm

What keeps my seb derm under more or less 100% control is H&S Intensive Treatment, which I use for both hair and face, and in some cases, when a small "breakout" comes up, Cutanix DRL for Sensitive Skin.

Canuck, doesn't the shampoo irritate your rosacea? Does mine, but it seems to control the seb derm to a degree. Anyways, I use Nizoral (2% ketoconazole cream) to control my seb derm when I'm getting an outbreak.

Jordan,

Nizoral doesn't bother me. I've been using it for about 6 weeks now.. maybe twice a week and its really cleared it up nicely. Some days it'll feel a little rough but nothing like it was before. I don't mind sitting or walking in front of people now .. lol
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Default seb derm

I have it mostly at the hairline on my scalp, and eyebrows, and have found that saturating the areas with olive oil before shampooing (about 15-20 minutes) better allows the ingredients in the shampoo to penetrate the buildup of skin.

That's interesting. Canuck when you wash your face with the Nizoral shampoo do you wash your face with a soap first? That seems like it would be a bit irritating to sensitive skin. Strive: what shampoo do you use?

I only use the Nizoral shampoo on my scalp about twice a week. Other days I use a baby shampoo because it doesnt contain all the other fragrances, etc...
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Oh, I assumed you had seb derm on your face, like I do, nevermind.

I have seb derm on my scalp, but seemingly not on my face. Long ago a derm had me try the Nizoral shampoo. He told me to put it on my face too. It made me break out with something like 20 or 30 pustules all over my face. I told him the Nizoral did it and he didn't believe me. Of course I quit using the Nizoral and I didn't keep having those kinds of outbreaks.

When I've tried the OTC shampoos they've really trashed my hair, which is long. I've concluded that if I wanted to use them I would have to have short hair so the damaged hair could frequently be removed.

Does the Nizoral shampoo really help with seb derm on the scalp? If so, maybe I should try it again on my scalp only and NOT on my face.

I've used Diprolene, Clobetasol, Olux Foam and Dermasmoothe. Have any of you tried those meds? Probably all but the Dermasmoothe are cortisone. Actually, it might be cortisone too; I'm not sure.

Tamara