Thread: When to never use the Yag 1064?

Default When to never use the Yag 1064?

Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank Geoffrey and Warren for instigating this refreshing new start to rosacea discussion.

At the moment, I am currently being treated by a brilliant practitioner in Sydney and am thrilled with my progress. He uses the Vasculight Plus machine but only uses the IPL head on me.

I pretty much know when the Yag 1064 should be used on certain rosaceans but are there instances when the Yag 1064 should never be used on rosacean skin?

Thank you again everyone.

Mermaid

This user has been banned from this forum

Hey You,

Great to see you on board. There are no circumstances when the 1064 YAG can not be used. I am glad you are getting great treatment. Besides the other benefits I listed (the deepest penetrating laser to date and can also be used for the most superficial vessels) is the fact that it has no interaction with melanin which no other laser or IPL can claim. It also is one of the best dermal rebuilding laser available (right behind n-lite). The only case when the YAG or anyother laser should not be used is in long standing steroid induced rosacea because there are physical holes in the dermis.

The only contraindication is in the use of this laser on females with long shiny, curly red hair :D In these cases it sometimes turns wonderful mermaids into tuna.

Yeah!
    Whoever heard of a red haired tuna anyway????
    Yeah!

Hey Mermaid,

great to hear that your treatments are going so well! Mine still have to start, but I will keep you posted on it all. Will be sitting on the other end of the world for a long time and probably spending lots of time behind my computer or reading books/ watching movies and hopefully seeing something from the US.
    best wishes, Natalja

Hi Nataljoo,

If that photo is of yourself I must say you look gorgeous and your skin doesn't look nearly as bad as I would have guessed from your descriptions -- I'm guessing it's a pre-rosacea shot or a very good day shot. That said I just saw a photo of myself where you would never guess I had rosacea. Amazing what good make-up and kind lighting can do!

Cheers, B

Hi Bibi,

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, this pic was taken around september 2004, before the nasty IPL treatment in Londen. I also have some firered pics (more recent) with my dad, but they are not so flattering: I can send them to you, no problem, but preferably not on this forum.
    I will mail the red pic to you anyway, ok?
    best wishes, natalja