Thread: Sun screens

Default Sun screens

My face cannot handle most sunscreens. I use mineral makeup regularly. But, I'm going camping soon and would prefer to use a lotion instead of messing with makeup. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Sun screens

Hi evy,

Personally, I've found Zinco to be the best for my face. I use the tinted version and it helps cover up about 80% of the redness at the same time.
    Have you tried it?

Take care,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by evy
    My face cannot handle most sunscreens. I use mineral makeup regularly. But, I'm going camping soon and would prefer to use a lotion instead of messing with makeup. Any suggestions?

No, but I just ordered a sample. Thanks. :D

Default Zinco

I love tinted Zinco. It is very gentle. It like moisturizer, liquid makeup, and sunscreen in one, and the Zinc is good for irritated skin. -Laurie

I have been testing COTZ (Fallene product) SPF 58, no chemical sunscreen. So far so good. It goes on a lot like ZINCO, but for camping, skiing, etc the higher the SPF the better.

Default Sun screens

Evy

I don't know if you need the moisturizing effect of a lotion or not, but I recently tried Color Science's Sunforgettable spf 30 which is a clear, micronized zinc powder, with it's own built-in applicator brush. It worked fabulously and did not add any greasiness, which my own skin does not need.
    I thought it was very pricey at $45 for.23 oz (6.5g), but I can see that it will go a loooong way.

Nona

Default Re: Sun screens

Hi there all i use rosaceacare sunscreen spf 30 does the job with not any irritation.

Hi all,
    I got my trial size zinco a few days ago. I tried it for about 2 or 3 days. I woke up yesterday morning with new aresa of acne on my checks and chin that hadn't been there before. Does anybody think the zinco caused that or was the breakout to soon, after trying the zinco, to blame on the product?
    Evy