Thread: Zinco

Default Zinco

I use Zinco each morning and it works great. Never felt better about myself once Zinco is working ..

My question is, when I wash it of in the evening, my pores on my nose are quite plugged and I don't want to scrub or my skin will become aggrevated. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the pores nice and clear? Or is the Zinco actually cleaned off, and its just the sebum that is clogging the pores?

Can you actually see sebum? :?

Mike

Mike, I don't know re your "can you actually see sebum?" question.

But I do know that my skin (unfortunately) feels better if I use high-end cleansers like Chanel Gel Tendre.

If you want to try drug store brands, see if you find one for sensitive skin that removes make-up.

I've heard good things about the Olay line, so I'll likely look into these.

Best,

Ghost

What brand of Zinco do you wear? I want to get some myself but im not sure what to try.

I was only aware of one brand. I use Linda Sy's Tinted ZincO.

www.lindasy.com
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtears
    What brand of Zinco do you wear? I want to get some myself but im not sure what to try.
    vanicream sunscreen spf15 is zinc oxide based also...

Hi RedHot,

Here's what I do to help get my makeup and sunscreen off:

I very gently massage my cleanser all over my face after wetting it with lukewarm/coolish water. After soaking a cotton pad with water and squeezing some of the water out, I put some cleanser on it and go over my face in small circular motions. Rinse face and pat dry.

This feels like a commercial.

Good luck!

Hello, RadHotCanuck.
    I have exactly the same problem. I asked dr.Sy about this, and she recommended( of course) her Mild Oatmeal cleanser. Actually, I would have bet my money on that answer :) . Anyway, I've just received a sample pack with the cleanser among other things. I'll start testing tomorrow, and get back to you guys.

Best regards,

Adrian.

Great.. Thanks for the replies.

I found best for me is that at the end of the day i take a face-cloth (clean) and warm water and just wipe it off.. seems to clear most of it out .. then before bed, I put some Neutrogena Clear Pore on with a cotton ball.

I never put anything on my face over night, which seems to keep pores clear by morning, or mostly clear I should say.
    Regards,
    RedHotCanuck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 IPL and tried Accutane. Accutane stopped the oil flow but caused other problems. Now just using a mix of Sea Kelp and EGF every night.

Default I am thinking of Linda Sy...

I've been washing with neutrogena's extra gentle cleanser, but my face never feels totally clean with it. Do you get a refreshed feeling with the Sy products?
    Signature bio:
    I was on accutane 30 years ago as a research patient; the problem returned in 2003. Now, I am on 20mg isotretinoin, once a day...improving.

Default finding an appropriate sunscreen

I want to use a sunscreen which contain zinc. I tried Bare Zone Spf 30+. The problem is that it was very difficult to make my skin absorb that sunscreen. Because , it was like a toothpaste, do you get what I mean? If I apply pressure to my skin, I get red. So I need a light weight zinc based sun screen, which feels like a milk so that I can make my skin absord it very easily without any need to apply pressure. Can you guys recommend me a nice zinc based sunscreen?
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..