Thread: Info on continuing IPL treatment

Default Info on continuing IPL treatment

Great site. A general question. I have been treated for some time now with IPL and the doctor uses the 1064 YAG laser. I have been treated with the 515, 590, and higher filters.
    The results so far are mixed. I am still experiencing flushing, mostly from warm environments and sometimes my face feels hot. I also flush on both ears and neck.
    Does anyone know if this is common and if I should continue the IPL's? I have had 5 treatments spaced approximately 4 weeks apart and have gone back once every six months or so for maintenance, with a total of about 9 to 10 IPL's being done. I just want to get the flushing under control, that is mainly what I am concerned about.
    Thanks for everything.

Patrick

If what is normal -- the flushing on neck and ears? If that's what you mean then yes, some people experience that. As to IPL I don't think anyone can really make the call for you. Many of us struggle with knowing whether we're on the right track with a given Dr or kind of tx. I certainly have. In the end I decided that I wanted to try another Dr/machine/approach and see how that goes so I went back to the drawing board and am about to embark on another round of tx. As you say, we need to do what we can to get on top of this.

This user has been banned from this forum

Hello,

One other comment -- Is he using the Vasculight 1064 YAG (this comes with the IPL machine and is not very good for rosacea or is he using the Genesis 1064 YAG. That could be one difference.