Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moisturizers and cleansers

Default Moisturizers and cleansers

Marc,
    I've used Neutrogena Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin with great success. It is also alcohol free.

Charles

Marc, I have found the Avene range very good. My skin loves it where it rejects many other products. The Recovery Cream for Sensitive Skin is especially good, but I use the cleansers for sensitive skin also.

Default DRL!

Hey!

I have seb derm as well and when I was on Accutane and got really dry skin I used Cutanix DRL as a moizturiser, it was great for both my dry skin and seb derm. The Accutane-DRL combo worked great for me.

I've just discovered Rosacea Care's Ultramild Cleanser, it works great for me and is as mild as a cleanser can be. Check out their website at rosaceacare.com and have a look at their sample kits.

marc,

I don't know if this will help you, but in the past, I have used organic flaxseed oil - taken orally. When my skin has gotten really dry, it improves the look and feel of my skin very quickly. I have never been on accutane, but have experienced extensive dryness and this, along with fish oil caps have really helped to balance out my skin. I like taking this approach because like so many of you, my skin is very reactive to most of the topical moisturizers. The only one I can handle lately is organic jojoba oil - turns me red temporarily, but does not make me break out.

hth
    teresa

Default Re: DRL!

Quote Originally Posted by andmag79
    I have seb derm as well and when I was on Accutane and got really dry skin I used Cutanix DRL as a moizturiser, it was great for both my dry skin and seb derm.
    I'm glad it works for you, but I am extremely disappointed with the DRL by Cutanix. I share a lot of the same issues with Marc, i.e. hyper-sensitivity to topicals, and I truly thought I would be able to tolerate the DRL. Sadly, it makes my face very red as soon as I apply it, and it lasts for a few hrs. I still believe though, that just cos I can't tolerate it cosmetically, it might do some good so... I've decided to use it at night only, when no-one cares about how red my face is :lol:

The only moisturiser I'm able to use effectively that gets rid of the dryness and flakiness of my skin due to sebderm, is called Oilatum, which is a direct equivalent to E45 cream, sold in the UK.

Default linda sy oatmeal cleanser

I use the linda sy oatmeal facial cleanser at night to wash off dirt, makeup, etc and it works very well and is not irritating to my skin at all. most products cause redness but this one works very well.

rob

Senior Member tryingtogetoverit's Avatar

I'm on Accutane too.
    I use Clinique MSE for men and I won a bottle of DDF Ultra Lite Oil Free Moisturizing Dew, so I use that too. I don't use DDF often because I find it irritates me sometimes.

To cleanse I use Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. No matter what it doesn't seem to irritate me...I was worried about it too, there are some botanical ingreds. For me it's fine. I've used Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser with great success in the past. (She'll send free samples too)

I've used various LRP products, the dermo cleanser is gross. Leaves a film on my skin but it's not irritating. I love the moisturizing fluid. Much better than the regular one.

I've read that Colladerm was pretty amazing but haven't tried it...

Orion
    ------------------------------
    25 year old male, 20mgs Accutane daily.
    10mg's of Singulair daily (bonus that it helps with my asthma! lol)

Shave w/ Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel, Sensor Excel razor. (Used to use Mach3, but tried Sensor and won't go back!)

Do you know some non-comedonic light facial cleansers, to clean the face from dirty every evening insted of using water? I would be great to feel clear and fresh face...but still cant find any...dont wanna waist money on every item i see...wanna some advises...now using garnier for sensitive skin... my skin combination/oily( T zone a bit oily)...
    Thanks