Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does everyone's Rosacea start off as mild

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I have added it to our affiliate store. There are some clinical papers linking some variants of rosacea to fungus.

Thanks man I appreciate this from the few people you have replied to me in the last day. I went through this with tinnitus 4 years ago and that is a different animal. Didn't sleep the first 2 months bc I had no TMJ splint (slept 50 hours in 2 months), couldn't pee, lost 40 pounds, had 4-5 different sounds in my head from the tinnitus now I only have 1 or two.

Hopefully when candida goes away so will my rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by mgould3656 View Post
    I could order this... I currently have organic turmeric and curcumin and gonna put black pepper on it. Also gonna take probiotics OR should I just get the thorne formula?? .... What are the odds when my candida goes away rosacea will clear up or get much better?? Candida happened first then rosacea started maybe 1 month later.
    If you see the Amazon reviews and other reviews for SF722 you'll see it has a positive response for various types of yeast and fungal infections. It certainly has been helpful to me. Garlic oil capsules can also be helpful (a good brand like Solgar). I didn't get much benefit from turmeric/curcumin for a fungus infection - I did try a good quality supplement from Integrative Therapeutics for this.

It depends really to what extent your blood vessels have been damaged/lymph gland system damaged. If they do not return to normal you may well get continuation and quite likely some deterioration of the rosacea over time. Zhongzhou cream may be helpful to you as well - use it sparingly but regularly - I find it best to apply it with a watery finger so you get a thin layer.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    If you see the Amazon reviews and other reviews for SF722 you'll see it has a positive response for various types of yeast and fungal infections. It certainly has been helpful to me. Garlic oil capsules can also be helpful (a good brand like Solgar). I didn't get much benefit from turmeric/curcumin for a fungus infection - I did try a good quality supplement from Integrative Therapeutics for this.

It depends really to what extent your blood vessels have been damaged/lymph gland system damaged. If they do not return to normal you may well get continuation and quite likely some deterioration of the rosacea over time. Zhongzhou cream may be helpful to you as well - use it sparingly but regularly - I find it best to apply it with a watery finger so you get a thin layer.

I've had one appt so far and I'm just on just metro cream for my rosacea. I am losing my mind over here, bc I have other health issues and my dermatologist seems old and out of the loop... What things are you currently on? and what is RX and what is bought at the store?

Does everyone's rosacea completely disappear and go into remission for some time if caught early. I am lost and very stressed and I don't get like this.

Does Rosacea run in cycles? Like I've had Rosacea now for 5 weeks. Does it usually clear up and go away and stay dormant then can come back again? Am I gonna have stages where my skin goes back to normal? Is the on-set of rosacea considered a flare-up?
    I can't say that it runs in cycles no. There will be good days/weeks and bad ones. Most dermatologists will say that rosacea never truly goes away but you can 'manage' symptoms to make it a bit more tolerable. With your phenotype you should expect some level of remission.

He gave me metronidole cream to apply twice a day. Online I bought a tea tree oil wash. For the candida he gave me fluconazole 2 pills taken weekly for 2 weeks and 2 topicals hydrocortisone and nystatin.. I only had rosacea redness and a few pustules for maybe 1 month before I seen him. The metro cream helps the pustules be gone within 1 day, but does nothing for the slight redness... I always had pale skin (I don't go outside much) and the rosacea is like having slight sunburn on 75% of my face. I have a beard so its not in there.... What or when should he give me something for the redness?? I go back 4/22

Just be aware that short term hydrocortisone may help but long term steroid rosacea may be an issue (read more) you will regret later. If you are diagnosed with Phenotype 2, you may want to read up on treatment for this and ask you physician about any of the ones you are interested in on your 4/22 visit.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Just be aware that short term hydrocortisone may help but long term steroid rosacea may be an issue (read more) you will regret later. If you are diagnosed with Phenotype 2, you may want to read up on treatment for this and ask you physician about any of the ones you are interested in on your 4/22 visit.

Huh?? I think I have Papulopustular (Acne) Rosacea