Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sibo

Default Sibo

After about a year of waiting I finally had sibo test on the NHS for Sibo and it?s positive. Only problem is they very rarely do the test and I can5 find anything that tell you if they even treat it can you get rid of sibo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    After about a year of waiting I finally had sibo test on the NHS for Sibo and it?s positive. Only problem is they very rarely do the test and I can5 find anything that tell you if they even treat it can you get rid of sibo ?
    i was told by my gastro doc about 2 years ago that the NHS couldn't prescribe rifaxamin or neomycin for sibo , they would only give you something like amoxicillin which just wipes all your bacteria out , good or bad ...

after that i just decided to treat myself - bought the meds , didnt even bother with a test !

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    i was told by my gastro doc about 2 years ago that the NHS couldn't prescribe rifaxamin or neomycin for sibo , they would only give you something like amoxicillin which just wipes all your bacteria out , good or bad ...

after that i just decided to treat myself - bought the meds , didnt even bother with a test !
    It?s dam antibiotics that gave me sibo in th3 first place. The NHS are in the dark ages they cause more illnesses than they help. Guess I?m on my own then trying to fix it. If indeed it is fixable

I recently tested positive with a private hydrogen test for sibo. Told nhs dont treat sibo after i went to my gp.

The place i went to get my test are asking thousands for consultation and drugs etc.

Trying to track down rifaxamin online from a safe and trusted source is proving to be difficult however.

I too tested positive for SIBO, however, speaking to my functional doctor, due to the nature of the curve in my test, he said that he doesn't think SIBO is the cause of my rosacea. He actually found majorly heightened levels of zonulin in my stool test which is a strong indicator of leaky gut, and therefore now treating that. Anyway, if you can't get your hands on Rifaximin, I'd recommend you check out this blog which shows how to do it naturally. Hope it helps. https://feedmephoebe.com/the-best-na...bo-treatments/

Quote Originally Posted by joeychaps123 View Post
    I recently tested positive with a private hydrogen test for sibo. Told nhs dont treat sibo after i went to my gp.

The place i went to get my test are asking thousands for consultation and drugs etc.

Trying to track down rifaxamin online from a safe and trusted source is proving to be difficult however.
    this is where i got mine

https://www.unitedpharmacies-uk.md/s...810+Tablets%29

Default Theor: Connection between SIBO, Demodex skin mites, Rosacea and Oral Metronidazole

I have a theory about the connections between SIBO and Rosacea. Also a related theory about which treatment for SIBO works well for one person but not another.

SIBO is sometimes treated with Flagyl (Oral Metronidazole) to wipe out the bad bacteria that has accumulated in the gut. Interesting connection to demodex skin mites which have also been successfully treated with Oral Metronidazole either alone or in combination with Oral Ivermectin.

Researchers reported that live demodex skin mites were not killed when dipped in 100% topical metronidazole. But the Oral Metronidazole does quite successfully kill demodex skin mites - that has been show repeatedly in medical reports and studies. Theory: Medical researchers know that Oral Metronidazole breaks down into at least 5 known metabolites in the human body. They have hypothesized that at least one metabolites is how the Oral Metronidazole works to kill the mites. One or more of the metabolites must make the environment lethal to demodex skin mites. But if you make the connection to SIBO and "bad" gut bacteria, it could be the Oral Metronidazole works by killing that bad gut bacteria.

Keep in mind that any given antibiotic kills a limited number of species of bacteria. It may work great against one bacteria and be totally ineffective at killing another type of bacteria. You have to take the right antibiotic to successfully kill the bacteria causing the infection.

Here's my theory: "Bad" gut bacteria apparently causes SIBO. That same "bad" gut bacteria also allows the demodex skin mites population to grow to infestation levels. If so, it may explain the common factor between having SIBO + Rosacea caused by demodex skin mites. Further, Oral Metronidazole may work by killing the bad gut bacteria that is allowing the demodex skin mites to flourish. Once that lush gut support environment is gone, the mites die.

If these connections are valid, it could be a clue to people with SIBO who can be successfully treated with Oral Metronidazole. If a person has both SIBO + Demodex, then the Oral Metronidazole treatment could be successful at treating both the gut and the skin issues.

Success with any one treatment for SIBO could depend on what kind of bacteria in the gut is causing the problems. That could also explain why one drug works on SIBO for some people but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    I have a theory about the connections between SIBO and Rosacea. Also a related theory about which treatment for SIBO works well for one person but not another.

SIBO is sometimes treated with Flagyl (Oral Metronidazole) to wipe out the bad bacteria that has accumulated in the gut. Interesting connection to demodex skin mites which have also been successfully treated with Oral Metronidazole either alone or in combination with Oral Ivermectin.

Researchers reported that live demodex skin mites were not killed when dipped in 100% topical metronidazole. But the Oral Metronidazole does quite successfully kill demodex skin mites - that has been show repeatedly in medical reports and studies. Theory: Medical researchers know that Oral Metronidazole breaks down into at least 5 known metabolites in the human body. They have hypothesized that at least one metabolites is how the Oral Metronidazole works to kill the mites. One or more of the metabolites must make the environment lethal to demodex skin mites. But if you make the connection to SIBO and "bad" gut bacteria, it could be the Oral Metronidazole works by killing that bad gut bacteria.

Keep in mind that any given antibiotic kills a limited number of species of bacteria. It may work great against one bacteria and be totally ineffective at killing another type of bacteria. You have to take the right antibiotic to successfully kill the bacteria causing the infection.

Here's my theory: "Bad" gut bacteria apparently causes SIBO. That same "bad" gut bacteria also allows the demodex skin mites population to grow to infestation levels. If so, it may explain the common factor between having SIBO + Rosacea caused by demodex skin mites. Further, Oral Metronidazole may work by killing the bad gut bacteria that is allowing the demodex skin mites to flourish. Once that lush gut support environment is gone, the mites die.

If these connections are valid, it could be a clue to people with SIBO who can be successfully treated with Oral Metronidazole. If a person has both SIBO + Demodex, then the Oral Metronidazole treatment could be successful at treating both the gut and the skin issues.

Success with any one treatment for SIBO could depend on what kind of bacteria in the gut is causing the problems. That could also explain why one drug works on SIBO for some people but not others.
    I have an over growth of eggerthella and Escherichia

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I have an over growth of eggerthella and Escherichia
    Treatment of Escherichia aka E. coli varies somewhat depending on the specific strain.

The real interesting bacteria with respect to demodex and rosacea is the Eggerthella lenta. Eggerthella lenta may very well be the missing link between gut issues, demodex, rosacea and why Oral Metronidazole can be highly effective at assisting the Oral Ivermectin at wiping out a demodex infestation. My guess is that the Oral Metro kills the Eggerthella lenta. The Eggerthella lenta is now suspect number 1 in allowing the demodex to flourish. Either the Eggerthella lenta bacteria is suppressing the immune system's normal response to demodex OR its producing something that allows the demodex to flourish.

Eggerthella lenta is an anaerobic, Gram-positive bacillus commonly found in the human digestive tract. Overgrowths of Eggerthella lenta can indeed be dangerous.

Oral Metronidazole is consistently mentioned as a highly successful treatment (99% successful) in medical studies of Eggerthella lenta.
    Generic Oral Metronidazole is also cheap as dirt compared to other newer antibiotics that are not available as generics.

NOTE: Patients taking Oral Metronidazole should avoid drinking alcohol while taking the drug and for 72 hours after taking the last tablet.

Drugs.com: "While you are taking metronidazole and for 3 days after your last dose: Avoid drinking alcohol or consuming foods or other products that contain alcohol or propylene glycol. Drinking alcohol may cause unpleasant effects such as headaches, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, and warmth or tingling under your skin."

I took the combined 2 drug oral treatment for demodex using the Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole. I always took the Oral Metronidazole with meals (3 times a day, 250 mg per dose). Did not drink alcohol as recommended. I didn't have any problems taking the Oral Metronidazole. The 2 weekly Oral Ivermectin doses wipe out the current adult demodex. It looks like the Oral Metronidazole makes the treatment more effective by wiping out the bad bacteria in the gut that is allowing the demodex to get overpopulated.

Papers found via Google of "Eggerthella lenta Metronidazole"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4211355/

https://jcm.asm.org/content/53/2/626

https://watermark.silverchair.com/ci...oJjUM2iHGpVBMA
    Last edited by ElaineA; 14th April 2021 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Treatment of Escherichia aka E. coli varies somewhat depending on the specific strain.

The real interesting bacteria with respect to demodex and rosacea is the Eggerthella lenta. Eggerthella lenta may very well be the missing link between gut issues, demodex, rosacea and why Oral Metronidazole can be highly effective at assisting the Oral Ivermectin at wiping out a demodex infestation. My guess is that the Oral Metro kills the Eggerthella lenta. The Eggerthella lenta is now suspect number 1 in allowing the demodex to flourish. Either the Eggerthella lenta bacteria is suppressing the immune system's normal response to demodex OR its producing something that allows the demodex to flourish.

Eggerthella lenta is an anaerobic, Gram-positive bacillus commonly found in the human digestive tract. Overgrowths of Eggerthella lenta can indeed be dangerous.

Oral Metronidazole is consistently mentioned as a highly successful treatment (99% successful) in medical studies of Eggerthella lenta.
    Generic Oral Metronidazole is also cheap as dirt compared to other newer antibiotics that are not available as generics.

NOTE: Patients taking Oral Metronidazole should avoid drinking alcohol while taking the drug and for 72 hours after taking the last tablet.

Drugs.com: "While you are taking metronidazole and for 3 days after your last dose: Avoid drinking alcohol or consuming foods or other products that contain alcohol or propylene glycol. Drinking alcohol may cause unpleasant effects such as headaches, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, and warmth or tingling under your skin."

I took the combined 2 drug oral treatment for demodex using the Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole. I always took the Oral Metronidazole with meals (3 times a day, 250 mg per dose). Did not drink alcohol as recommended. I didn't have any problems taking the Oral Metronidazole. The 2 weekly Oral Ivermectin doses wipe out the current adult demodex. It looks like the Oral Metronidazole makes the treatment more effective by wiping out the bad bacteria in the gut that is allowing the demodex to get overpopulated.

Papers found via Google of "Eggerthella lenta Metronidazole"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4211355/

https://jcm.asm.org/content/53/2/626

https://watermark.silverchair.com/ci...oJjUM2iHGpVBMA
    I?ve managed to half the infection following instructions from chuckling goat. I?m taking turkey tail mushroom powder and thyme tincture. It?s took me 6 months though. I?ve got to take it for a further 2 months to take it. But that?s very interesting. I think if we all did gut biome tests we might be able to see more links
    I want to do this test next to see what foods are causing inflammation https://joinzoe.com/