Thread: Whole30

Default Whole30

Has anyone tried whole30 for Rosacea? I am on day 4 and already see an improvement. Its difficult though, so when I saw no improvement the first two days (I am so impatient) I felt like it was not working. Then third day I thought I saw improvement and 4th day I know I see an improvement....I am hoping I will be able to find my triggers so I can stay free from Rosacea. I also hope eventually my body can heal so I can eat what I want again! It is quite annoying to worry about what you are eating and not sure what is causing the redness. Would be much easier if we could be given the exact thing or things we need to avoid (everyone is different, so I know its trial and error to figure it out).

Never heard of it. Googled it and any diet that reduces sugar and carbohydrate will without a doubt improve rosacea, but not as fast as you have described. Most diets take about thirty days to see improvement in rosacea. As you have pointed out, triggers are an individual thing.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 5th March 2021 at 02:10 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Mamabear2012 View Post
    Has anyone tried whole30 for Rosacea? I am on day 4 and already see an improvement. Its difficult though, so when I saw no improvement the first two days (I am so impatient) I felt like it was not working. Then third day I thought I saw improvement and 4th day I know I see an improvement....I am hoping I will be able to find my triggers so I can stay free from Rosacea. I also hope eventually my body can heal so I can eat what I want again! It is quite annoying to worry about what you are eating and not sure what is causing the redness. Would be much easier if we could be given the exact thing or things we need to avoid (everyone is different, so I know its trial and error to figure it out).
    Haven't tried Whole30 but personally on a Paleo diet and know are very similar. Of course, diet plays a huge role in overall health and skin health. The skin is the window to the gut they say. My partner studied nutritional science and it's incredible to learn about the importance of food and its role in a healthy immune function. It's also scary to see the power of food industries in manipulating scientific studies, either by funding certain agendas, or bias in certain testing mechanisms. That's why you often see conflicting reports in mainstream media about certain foods. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with eating whole foods sourced from the right conditions ie. pasture-raised meat, wild-caught fish, and organic vegetables. On a whole, I eat mainly paleo, but if I do slip up and have sugar, I see more inflammation on my skin in the days that follow.

Default whole30

Many thanks for the responses. I did read that most people notice improvement in Rosacea in two weeks. I noticed improvement day four and day 5 its continued. I also lost 5lbs and my blood pressure went from 120/80 down to 105/60!!! I have a tendancy to get high blood pressure as it runs in my family and I had to take medication after the birth of my third child for a few months to keep in the safe range. I suspect the medication messed up my system as shortly after the rosacea started appearing and got worse and worse even when I stopped the pills. But this diet is helping. Happy to stick with this diet if it keeps my rosacea away. I am really hoping it will improve back to normal. I do believe I can be cured of it, once I figure out what it is I need to do. It could just be healing the gut with being on this diet for a month or two and fasting. Or it could be figuring out what im intolerant to. I do believe I can be cured, but it takes time to solve how.

I had cystic acne for two years until I figured out what was causing it. Once I cleaned up my diet, I was then able to reintroduce things in moderation. I learned that if I had too much nuts, avocado, dark chocolate, line seeds, too much sugar or rice milk it would cause acne. But I was fine with mcdonalds, dairy, wheat and a little sugar in moderation etc. And my skin was perfect for 15 years until this rosacea hit me.

Default Update

Just wanted to add an update in case anyone else is in the same boat or searching for ways to help their rosacea. Mine has greatly improved and I beleive will be gone all together very soon. I am on day 12 of this diet. I also took a blood intolerance test and found out I am intolerant greatly to dairy ALL dairy, so its good I removed that from my diet. But there were other random things like brazil nuts, green beans, kidney beans, white beans, banana and orange. So I am glad I took the test and I will remove them from my diet for now, until I am completely clear and then I will allow some of the healthy things once in a while that I like (bananas and orages!). I dont mind not having green beans or the other beans. At least I can have lentils!

Other things I have been doing to help my body heel including drinking warm lemon water in the morning. I am still having a coffee (black with coconut oil) and I wonder if I stop coffee if that would speed up the healing. I suspect it would. Tomorrow I am going to try not to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Haven't tried Whole30 but personally on a Paleo diet and know are very similar. Of course, diet plays a huge role in overall health and skin health. The skin is the window to the gut they say. My partner studied nutritional science and it's incredible to learn about the importance of food and its role in a healthy immune function. It's also scary to see the power of food industries in manipulating scientific studies, either by funding certain agendas, or bias in certain testing mechanisms. That's why you often see conflicting reports in mainstream media about certain foods. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with eating whole foods sourced from the right conditions ie. pasture-raised meat, wild-caught fish, and organic vegetables. On a whole, I eat mainly paleo, but if I do slip up and have sugar, I see more inflammation on my skin in the days that follow.
    On page 101 of my 2007 book I quoted the Sugar Busters! authors who put it this way, "Pro-sugar lobbying by sugar growers, cola manufactures and the packaged-food industry has been very effective in influencing our government. What politician wants to tell his constituents they should no longer eat sugar"

On page 102 of my book this quote is also interesting, "The American Dietetic Association, which trains registered dieticians to direct preparation of hospital and institutional food, has been soundly criticized for its association with the Sugar Association and companieslike Coca Cola and M&M Mars. Such groups supply about 15% of the ADA's annual budget." and this one:

"The Australian Dietary Guidelines are currently being revised and updated. There has been public discussion about the advisability of retaining a guideline for sugar because of insufficient evidence linking sugar consumption to ill health. However, there are concerns about the quality of the self-reported food intake data on which this conclusion is based. In addition, the doubling in diabetes prevalence in Australia in the past 20 years, which is linked to increased obesity from consumption of energy-dense foods, including those with added sugars (sugar -sweetened drinks being particularly important), provides a strong rationale for retaining a dietary guideline for sugar."

Now fourteen years later we do have better labeling on the nutrition facts label that shows 'added sugars' and more are aware of sugar's impact on disease, and for rosaceans, sugar/carbohydrate is listed as a rosacea trigger by the RRDi. Have you noticed that the other two non profits for rosacea still ignore sugar/carbohydrate as a rosacea trigger?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 14th March 2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi