Hi all,

I have type 1 rosacea, just flushing and just on my nose. Previously I would only usually flush in the evenings or when I came into a hot room from the cold. I've been taking Mirtazapine for about 2 and a half weeks as I read a number of good reviews on it for flushing. What I noticed was that it initially did help with the flushing in the evening. The first night I took it it knocked me sideways and I was struggling to keep my eyes open on the sofa at 7pm but I was able to prevent the usual flush from developing with a cold compress.

The second day at around 3/4pm I had what seemed like a rebound flush out of nowhere. Wasnt doing anything just sitting at my desk so I initally thought it was the drugs wearing off. However, over the last two weeks I have noticed that it has just lowered my threshold for flushing considerably. I flush whenever I eat now or just randomly it seems. What I will say is that the intensity is less that I used to get in the evenings but its so much more frequent now that its doing more harm than good.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I'm going to start tapering off this as it's not as good as I was hoping. I'm hoping I go back to what it was like before and it doesnt stay like this.

Thanks