Thread: Best combination of Medication for Anxiety Flushing

Question Best combination of Medication for Anxiety Flushing

As the title says I am wanting to know what Anxiety Medication people have had success with as I personally am a very sceptical person so I have been reluctant in trying some sort as I am from the UK so getting something like Xanax or similar is pretty much numbs you to everything is pretty much out the question unless your border line suicidal (Well thats what a doctor told me)

I have been doing research and the ones that keep popping up are the likes of

Beta Blockers:

Propranolol
    Antenonol
    Nadolol

Then theres SSRI's:

Citapram
    Paroxetine (Paxil)

As well as SNRI:

Venlafaxine (Effexor)

Theres so much out there that my head is blagged and I don't know where to start, I have had a handful of combined lasers from Dr Jose Miguel Montero Garcia who is based at Burnley UK and operates out of Discover Laser. They have a website if you would like to check it for yourself. I was passed onto him from Dr Peter Crouch that recently passed away a few years ago. Very well respected among fellow rosacea suffers I believe.

So yeah, long story short:

What beta blockers do people recommend and had success with? What dosage????

and What Anxiety Medication SSRI or SNRI do they recommend is best and of course dosage?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I pretty much a full time recluse and letting it rule my life.

How did your treatments with Dr Montero go?

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    How did your treatments with Dr Montero go?
    Hey,

Erm I got 3 lasers, Cant remember the name of them all but:

- The first one blew air and zapped at the same time so never really felt it, got told it was more for the superficial redness i.e the standing redness.

- The second was an IPL which he did 3 passes in total, Just above eyebrows / bottom of forehead, then onto both cheeks and nose. This one made me jump

- The third was a Yag if I got that right, never really felt this one, he turns it down to a setting to penetrate deeper into the skin.

Iv had it all done before, for me it lasts at most 4 month then I have to book in again but this time round I seem to be flushing like crazy on a night, including both ears bright red and just a mess on my cheeks. I only got it done about 6 days ago but the first couple of days were fine, however the past 3 days have been some of my worse flushes for a very long time. Full face and ears. I never nose flush. (I used to after spicy food but Dr Peter Crouch zapped my nose once and it has never came back ever)

I don't know if this is connected to the first laser which I cant remember the name as I normally only get the IPL followed by YAG and don't really get any bad episodes after. Is it some sort of counter flushing till my skin settles its self down again?

Dr. Peter Crouch is the guy that put me onto Dr Miguel. What I got from my experience with Dr Crouch was he only used 1 laser at a time (YAG or IPL depending whether yo wanted the vessels zapped or more for the standing redness zapped) but at a much higher setting where Dr Miguel. Dr. Miguel likes a lower setting so he is able to use more than one laser at a time as the face is not as inflamed and flushed red from each laser.

Its all swings and roundabouts to be honest, I currently don't take any beta blockers or what not but I am looking into as I am a social flushing and starting college very soon. Anxiousness brings on a flush for me so laser alone does not hold back an anxiety flush which is something I know is going to happen at college unless I find something to calm my nerves.

So yeah in short story, Dr Miguel is good, lasers do the job to an extent but does not hold back anxious flush. Deffo needs to be paired with Beta blocker and some Anti Med

No pills can replace a good night's sleep. All anxiety, nervous breakdowns, fatigue is associated with lack of sleep. Try to sleep for 9 hours a day. If you find it difficult to sleep, then take CBD oil before going to bed and make sure that you go to a cool bed. When you get under the blanket, your body will feel cool and start releasing sleep hormones. I try to sleep for 9 hours every day in maximum comfort. For a more comfortable sleep, I buy a weighted duvet and an orthopedic pillow. Sleep is the most important thing in our life, if you get enough sleep then your work will be more productive.
    Last edited by Ramiel; 26th March 2021 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel View Post
    No pills can replace a good night's sleep. All anxiety, nervous breakdowns, fatigue is associated with lack of sleep. Try to sleep for 9 hours a day. If you find it difficult to sleep, then take CBD oil before going to bed and make sure that you go to a cool bed. When you get under the blanket, your body will feel cool and start releasing sleep hormones. I try to sleep for 9 hours every day in maximum comfort. For a more comfortable sleep, I buy a weighted duvet and an orthopedic pillow. Sleep is the most important thing in our life, if you get enough sleep then your work will be more productive.
    Could you tell me some more information about it? Let?s talk in PM