Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine's and neurogenic rosacea.

Question Covid Vaccine's and neurogenic rosacea.

I am doing really well on 1.5 mg of LDN and rarely flush at all nowadays; generally I react to every medication I take herbal or prescribed, I just seem to absorb things really well (however, that in turn makes my body & skin reactive).

Question, does anyone who has had the UK covid vaccine know how it affects rosacea?

I appreciate that most will say we have to take a leap of faith, but I don't think I could cope with the return of nerve pain and flushing!

Thanks

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

My friend who does not have Rosacea, had burning bright cheeks for a couple of days after the vaccine, she called me in a panic. It did not last and she is fine.
    It?s a bit scary but we have to go for it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl View Post
    My friend who does not have Rosacea, had burning bright cheeks for a couple of days after the vaccine, she called me in a panic. It did not last and she is fine.
    It?s a bit scary but we have to go for it regardless.
    Thanks for saying this. I am also nervous about the vaccine. I just think - i have no choice, i have to do it - the alternative is worse.
    Maybe I'll take some nsaid's / antihistamines day of... idk. (idk if you can even do that).
    Glad it went away for her.
    It's sad / amusing she called you in a panic... to me. I know you are "used to" the burning cheeks, sadly.
    I hope rosaceans write in their responses to the covid vaccine here.
    Take care

Thank you for your replies.

In the great scheme of things, burning cheeks and nerve pain are the lesser of the two evils, but after almost 2 years without nerve pain flushing and burning, I can still recall it's effect and trauma to body, mind and soul.

Please keep your replies coming, I have until May to make my decision!!

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Thank you for your replies.

In the great scheme of things, burning cheeks and nerve pain are the lesser of the two evils, but after almost 2 years without nerve pain flushing and burning, I can still recall it's effect and trauma to body, mind and soul.

Please keep your replies coming, I have until May to make my decision!!

J
    I'm in an erythromelalgia group and occasionally someone notices an ear flare that is temporary but most do good/have no symptoms with the vaccine. That said, that's not the same as neurogenic rosacea (likely). I too react to a lot of medications so I understand your nervousness. I am so glad you are doing well with LDN.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    I'm in an erythromelalgia group and occasionally someone notices an ear flare that is temporary but most do good/have no symptoms with the vaccine. That said, that's not the same as neurogenic rosacea (likely). I too react to a lot of medications so I understand your nervousness. I am so glad you are doing well with LDN.

Awww! Thank you!

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default My post vaccine experience (not horrifying :-)

Awww! Thank you!
    Hello old friend!

I haven?t been here for a long time, but as I?d had my first covid vaccine earlier this week, I thought I might look in to see if my experience might be worth sharing..... and here you are!

So it?s Friday morning and I had the first covid vaccine at 12.50 on Tuesday. It was the Oxford AstraZeneca one. Of course, we have to bear in mind that everyone?s side effects are different, certainly I terms of severity, but I?ll list everything I experienced since Tuesday.

Before doing so, let me say here that I have subtype/phenotype 1 with, I think, a neurogenic side to it as well. But it?s managed and is pretty docile these days unless I push it to the extreme. Thanks to IPL, LDN, clonidine (although I?m considering coming off that now) and Tretinoin, I am still seeing improvements in my symptoms month by month... slow but steady wins the race. Four years ago, my flushing and face pain was horrible.

So here?s how the vaccine experience went for me-

Tuesday at 12.50 pm - I didn?t even feel the needle going into my arm. I joked with the nurse that she was only pretending to give me the jab!

Tuesday afternoon, post vaccine - I felt nothing at all. No discomfort in my arm, no side effects. Nothing unusual in terms of my face.

Tuesday evening - Just after eating dinner - I noticed my cheeks were feeling a little warmer than I was used to. It kinda reminded me of a lesser version of how my cheeks used to feel when I still flushed after eating a warm meal (something I haven?t experienced since taking LDN). I wouldn?t call it a major flush by any stretch, but my cheeks were warm and rosy. The thing I really noticed though was that none of the things I used to do to take a very minor flush down worked for me... things like holding cool things, such as a glass of cold water, against my cheeks for a minute... as soon as I took the cool glass away my cheeks immediately warmed up again.

In bed that night/ early Wednesday morning - I turned onto my arm that had been inoculated and it was pretty tender to the touch. But what I really noticed was that I felt really shivery all over. My cheeks felt warm... I got up to look at my arm and my face. No mark on my arm but a slight swelling.. not alarming, to be expected. Face had pretty warm and rosy cheeks. Not (for me at least) a painful full-on flush though; more like my cheeks felt and looked in my pre-rosacea days after working out...

Wednesday - The day after getting the vaccine was the worst day for me. I felt like mild flu... I was alternating between feeling a bit too warm and suddenly very shivery... mostly I felt really cold though. But my cheeks felt warmer than usual to the touch and were slightly flushed for much of the day. Oddly though, sometimes my cheeks felt warm but my face wasn?t pink at all. That might be because my ?default? rosacea pink cheeks aren?t as red generally these days... I think that?s down to my dermis getting a bit thicker thanks to using tretinoin 0.05% for more than a year now.

I was so tired that day! I went to bed at 9pm and slept for 11 hours.

Thursday - I didn?t feel shivery or flu-y anymore, but my cheeks were still warm to the touch (not usual for me these days) and they seemed to either be not pink, but warm, or both warm and a tad flushed.... but nothing major... and no nerve pain.

Friday - Today I feel quite myself again. No remaining fatigue and I woke up this morning with no more colour than usual in my cheeks and they don?t feel warm to the touch. I had a warm breakfast and three cups of hot coffee to no ill effect. I feel like the side effects have now stopped.

What I takeaway from my experience - I confess that on Thursday, when I didn?t feel flu-y anymore but my cheeks were still warmer than usual and slightly more prone to flushing than they have been in two or three years, part of me felt anxious that the vaccine had somehow caused a kind of ?rosacea relapse?... but I was mostly able to stay on the rational side, remembering that when I had had a bad flu three years ago I was flushing really badly and it couldn?t really have been surprising because I had a fever. I keep telling myself this was the same - I had mild flu symptoms, probably a slight fever, so of course my cheeks were warm and red. Of course I was relieved when I woke up this morning and all the side effects, including the ?rosacea relapse? ones, were all gone.

As I?ve already said, we are told that how the vaccine affects each of us is going to be slightly different, in terms of what side effects we get, how strong they feel and how long they last, but I suspect that if a fever is one of the side-effects you get, then you?ll probably flush more over that period and, again, if you?re like me, maybe for the next day too..

The caveat to my story might be that my rosacea is very managed now, thanks to the LDN ...and the tretinoin is really making a difference too... so I guess it?s possible that if your rosacea is not managed right now then your face may suffer a bit more than mine did for the duration of your side effects... IF you get any side effects of course... you may not... I hope you don?t!

I hope this has been helpful and I really hope it doesn?t frighten anyone away from taking the vaccine... For certain, if you got covid your rosacea would be a lot worse, as erythema and other cutaneous sufferings are common in covid patients, even non- rosaceans.

And for sure, after the low level of side effects I had, I?m not overly worried about vaccine number 2.. but I will try to schedule the day after off work so I can have a lovely, lazy sofa and movie day....

Take care.... With ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    Hello old friend!

I haven?t been here for a long time, but as I?d had my first covid vaccine earlier this week, I thought I might look in to see if my experience might be worth sharing..... and here you are!

So it?s Friday morning and I had the first covid vaccine at 12.50 on Tuesday. It was the Oxford AstraZeneca one. Of course, we have to bear in mind that everyone?s side effects are different, certainly I terms of severity, but I?ll list everything I experienced since Tuesday.

Before doing so, let me say here that I have subtype/phenotype 1 with, I think, a neurogenic side to it as well. But it?s managed and is pretty docile these days unless I push it to the extreme. Thanks to IPL, LDN, clonidine (although I?m considering coming off that now) and Tretinoin, I am still seeing improvements in my symptoms month by month... slow but steady wins the race. Four years ago, my flushing and face pain was horrible.

So here?s how the vaccine experience went for me-

Tuesday at 12.50 pm - I didn?t even feel the needle going into my arm. I joked with the nurse that she was only pretending to give me the jab!

Tuesday afternoon, post vaccine - I felt nothing at all. No discomfort in my arm, no side effects. Nothing unusual in terms of my face.

Tuesday evening - Just after eating dinner - I noticed my cheeks were feeling a little warmer than I was used to. It kinda reminded me of a lesser version of how my cheeks used to feel when I still flushed after eating a warm meal (something I haven?t experienced since taking LDN). I wouldn?t call it a major flush by any stretch, but my cheeks were warm and rosy. The thing I really noticed though was that none of the things I used to do to take a very minor flush down worked for me... things like holding cool things, such as a glass of cold water, against my cheeks for a minute... as soon as I took the cool glass away my cheeks immediately warmed up again.

In bed that night/ early Wednesday morning - I turned onto my arm that had been inoculated and it was pretty tender to the touch. But what I really noticed was that I felt really shivery all over. My cheeks felt warm... I got up to look at my arm and my face. No mark on my arm but a slight swelling.. not alarming, to be expected. Face had pretty warm and rosy cheeks. Not (for me at least) a painful full-on flush though; more like my cheeks felt and looked in my pre-rosacea days after working out...

Wednesday - The day after getting the vaccine was the worst day for me. I felt like mild flu... I was alternating between feeling a bit too warm and suddenly very shivery... mostly I felt really cold though. But my cheeks felt warmer than usual to the touch and were slightly flushed for much of the day. Oddly though, sometimes my cheeks felt warm but my face wasn?t pink at all. That might be because my ?default? rosacea pink cheeks aren?t as red generally these days... I think that?s down to my dermis getting a bit thicker thanks to using tretinoin 0.05% for more than a year now.

I was so tired that day! I went to bed at 9pm and slept for 11 hours.

Thursday - I didn?t feel shivery or flu-y anymore, but my cheeks were still warm to the touch (not usual for me these days) and they seemed to either be not pink, but warm, or both warm and a tad flushed.... but nothing major... and no nerve pain.

Friday - Today I feel quite myself again. No remaining fatigue and I woke up this morning with no more colour than usual in my cheeks and they don?t feel warm to the touch. I had a warm breakfast and three cups of hot coffee to no ill effect. I feel like the side effects have now stopped.

What I takeaway from my experience - I confess that on Thursday, when I didn?t feel flu-y anymore but my cheeks were still warmer than usual and slightly more prone to flushing than they have been in two or three years, part of me felt anxious that the vaccine had somehow caused a kind of ?rosacea relapse?... but I was mostly able to stay on the rational side, remembering that when I had had a bad flu three years ago I was flushing really badly and it couldn?t really have been surprising because I had a fever. I keep telling myself this was the same - I had mild flu symptoms, probably a slight fever, so of course my cheeks were warm and red. Of course I was relieved when I woke up this morning and all the side effects, including the ?rosacea relapse? ones, were all gone.

As I?ve already said, we are told that how the vaccine affects each of us is going to be slightly different, in terms of what side effects we get, how strong they feel and how long they last, but I suspect that if a fever is one of the side-effects you get, then you?ll probably flush more over that period and, again, if you?re like me, maybe for the next day too..

The caveat to my story might be that my rosacea is very managed now, thanks to the LDN ...and the tretinoin is really making a difference too... so I guess it?s possible that if your rosacea is not managed right now then your face may suffer a bit more than mine did for the duration of your side effects... IF you get any side effects of course... you may not... I hope you don?t!

I hope this has been helpful and I really hope it doesn?t frighten anyone away from taking the vaccine... For certain, if you got covid your rosacea would be a lot worse, as erythema and other cutaneous sufferings are common in covid patients, even non- rosaceans.

And for sure, after the low level of side effects I had, I?m not overly worried about vaccine number 2.. but I will try to schedule the day after off work so I can have a lovely, lazy sofa and movie day....

Take care.... With ❤️
    Hello lovely!

Thank you soooooooooo much for sharing your experience (we do seem to share alot of symptoms) and you have certainly helped ease my mind!

I have reduced my LDN dose to 1.5 mg with no ill-effects!

Stay safe!

x

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Hello lovely!

Thank you soooooooooo much for sharing your experience (we do seem to share alot of symptoms) and you have certainly helped ease my mind!

I have reduced my LDN dose to 1.5 mg with no ill-effects!

Stay safe!

x
    I?ve gone back on LDN after a 2 month break. I?ve gone straight in at 4 after being on 2.5 with no benefits at all. Been 2 weeks at 4mg still get flushing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I?ve gone back on LDN after a 2 month break. I?ve gone straight in at 4 after being on 2.5 with no benefits at all. Been 2 weeks at 4mg still get flushing at the moment

Do you take the sublingual drops?

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT