Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ketotifen oral

Time for a quick update.

After a break, I have been testing Ketotifen again. At 0.5mg, which is half the dose I was originally prescribed.

I seem to be tolerating it well.

It is also worth noting, I am under extreme stress at the moment. My elderly demented mother suffered a heart attack four days ago, and we might lose her. I was present for a potentially life threatening event yesterday and my stress levels were through the roof.

I barely flushed. I am also reacting less to foods and I am not flushing severely during the night. I have been having less than four hours sleep, which would usually result in constant flushing. So far, so good, but I expect I will reach my threshold if I keep going like this.

The hospital lights and chemicals in the air etc also did not seem to be too much of a problem.

Heat is still a major trigger however, although it may have been somewhat dulled recently. Not sure of that at this stage.

I realise it has only been a week back on the drug, but my current situation is really pushing the limits of my usual triggers.

No facial swelling or puffiness either.

Not the type of experiment had anticipated running... but thought it was definitely worth sharing with others here.

I do wonder if once the adrenalin of stress leaves my system, I might suffer a massive flushing rebound. Time will tell.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    Time for a quick update.

After a break, I have been testing Ketotifen again. At 0.5mg, which is half the dose I was originally prescribed.

I seem to be tolerating it well.

It is also worth noting, I am under extreme stress at the moment. My elderly demented mother suffered a heart attack four days ago, and we might lose her. I was present for a potentially life threatening event yesterday and my stress levels were through the roof.

I barely flushed. I am also reacting less to foods and I am not flushing severely during the night. I have been having less than four hours sleep, which would usually result in constant flushing. So far, so good, but I expect I will reach my threshold if I keep going like this.

The hospital lights and chemicals in the air etc also did not seem to be too much of a problem.

Heat is still a major trigger however, although it may have been somewhat dulled recently. Not sure of that at this stage.

I realise it has only been a week back on the drug, but my current situation is really pushing the limits of my usual triggers.

No facial swelling or puffiness either.

Not the type of experiment had anticipated running... but thought it was definitely worth sharing with others here.

I do wonder if once the adrenalin of stress leaves my system, I might suffer a massive flushing rebound. Time will tell.
    So sorry for your mother <3 Sending thoughts for peace and comfort your way.

I am glad it helped you so far. keep up the updates ... but take care of yourself first xx

I'm on the fence about getting ketotifen online ... I would preferably want a doc to rx. I do know nasalcrom helps the inflammation in the bridge of my nose and nearby (particularly noticeable if i use it before i cry!), so hoping ketotifen would help me similarly (but for entire face)
    Last edited by laser_cat; 21st February 2021 at 02:13 AM.