Thread: Cutera Excel V KTP (532nm) 3 hours post-treatment

Default Cutera Excel V KTP (532nm) 3 hours post-treatment

Hi. In 2017, I was prescribed Mirvaso for persistent flushing, which I used only twice but which produced rebound flushing lasting over a year. I developed baseline redness and sought out a series of Vbeam (PDL - pulsed dye laser, 595nm) treatments which helped somewhat.

My third and final Vbeam was on November 15th 2019 but never healed correctly. In fact, it worsened my flushing.

This year, I have had two Cutera Excel V (KTP - Potassium titanyl phosphate, 532nm) treatments. The first was on October 16th but made absolutely no difference.

The second KTP was today, and was done with the energy settings cranked up. It was hot in the room at the clinic where I was treated, which caused me to flush, which was helpful in illustrating upon my face the exact areas that needed the treatment.

I was not too happy with the pressure selling tactics of some supposedly neccessary topical products, one of which is a post-laser care cream (which is plausible) and two other products which look like fancy moisturisers. Those 3 products cost ?113 on top of the ?200 for the KTP.

Here's a video where I talk about all of the above.

Watch video on on YouTube
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Thanks Darren, Interesting video. A similar product, Synchroline Rosacure Fast, is on Amazon for $20 USD which we have in our RRDi affiliate store. I also found it on Amazon UK for 20 pounds. I couldn't find the Synchrorose Gel on Amazon.

Based upon your video I can now see why photo dynamic treatment [PDL] helped you when you showed your 2019 treatment. What I can see is that you have to keep going back for more PDL treatment, which is no different than other rosacea treatments that have to be continued. However, it does seem to improve your skin. I have posted a link to your video on YouTube at the RRDi in the laser category.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Hello Darren,

Thanks for sharing your recent laser treatment with a video post.
    I really hope you gain improvement from this treatment and any more you may decide to have.

A quick comment, if I may.
    I wouldn't use the topicals.
    It is terrible how you were pressurised in to purchasing them. I have been in a similar situation myself. And I fully expect your knowledge of rosacea outweighs theirs. The fact they are even pushing topicals with multiple ingredients illustrates how little they understand about the biological process of rosacea and flushing.

If I recall correctly, some time ago, you had a pretty nasty reaction to a topical and it ruined any benefit from treatment you may have had.

The Rosacure came out some years ago and it turned out to be less than useless for most people and irritating for many. (Including myself).

I've had many IPL treatments in the past. Far more than I should have ever had and I ended up with damage, but that aside, I learned pretty quickly that skin that has been been treated with light devices, is highly sensitive and introducing a new product at such a time is like playing Russian roulette.

Like you, I never fully recovered from topical brimonidine. The drug from hell, as I have always called it.
    It has been 10 years now and the increased flushing and reactivity from the facial veins and nerves continues, although I am much better than I used to be.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

This seems to be the active ingredient in the Synchrorose? Fast product.
    (I am not sure if I have identified the product correctly as when I hit pause on the video, the image blurs).

https://incidecoder.com/ingredients/...ylcyclohexanol

On a side note, you are a victim of bullying and unprofessional behaviour. This sort of thing really bugs me.
    I have been a victim as well recently. In my case, the perpetrator was a physician.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Thanks Darren, Interesting video. A similar product, Synchroline Rosacure Fast, is on Amazon for $20 USD which we have in our RRDi affiliate store. I also found it on Amazon UK for 20 pounds. I couldn't find the Synchrorose Gel on Amazon.
    Yes, I found those too. It seems I may have been way overcharged to account for the commission the "salesperson" (also the laser tech) wants to get out of the transaction. I will ask next time, in an innocent way, how much the "Fast" product is. If it's any more than say, ?30, I would assume there is a significant markup which I am not being told about.

Based upon your video I can now see why photo dynamic treatment [PDL] helped you when you showed your 2019 treatment. What I can see is that you have to keep going back for more PDL treatment, which is no different than other rosacea treatments that have to be continued. However, it does seem to improve your skin. I have posted a link to your video on YouTube at the RRDi in the laser category.
    There has been an improvement on my skin from the pulsed dye laser (Vbeam). The first treatment I had knocked a perfect hole in the redness, like a punched out effect. I would flush in the cold, and the treated areas would stay normal. This effect wore off ove the course of about a year, but was still an improvement. The third and final Vbeam just seem to make things worse. I wish I'd skipped the November 2019 Vbeam and gone straight to the KTP (Excel V) as this, by all accounts, is a superior laser to Vbeam if only because the downtime is much less, and the cost is also less.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post

A quick comment, if I may.
    I wouldn't use the topicals.
    It is terrible how you were pressurised in to purchasing them. I have been in a similar situation myself. And I fully expect your knowledge of rosacea outweighs theirs. The fact they are even pushing topicals with multiple ingredients illustrates how little they understand about the biological process of rosacea and flushing.
    They showed me photos of patients who had had the same laser as I, with the proviso that they had only had success as a result of using the products on an ongoing basis. I held my tongue at various stages of this conversation as I often like to play dumb to see how far someone goes when I suspect they are being dishonest. I'm still not sure how much exaggeration was attached to the claims this person was making, but she seemed quite enthusiastic about the idea that I should use the products too.

If I recall correctly, some time ago, you had a pretty nasty reaction to a topical and it ruined any benefit from treatment you may have had.
    Yes, Mirvaso (Brimonidine) marketed by Galderma. My KTP laser tech has been made aware of this and understands that I am extremely sceptical over her claims of the product she is pushing. I still don't know if she is being honest or not, but I know how to spot sleazy sales tactics, as I was once in Amway (a short period, taught me a lot - about con artists, that is) and the same icky feeling came over me as I sat in the office with the laser tech, receiving her pseudo-science lectures.

Edit: Perhaps you were referencing the contact dermatitis episode I experience about 8 weeks post-treatment following my November 2019 pulsed dye laser? I flushed severely about 5 minutes after applying a cheap moisturiser which had in it, among other things, witch hazel. A very drying ingredient and one that surely has no place in moisturisers. I honestly think this interfered with the healing process of the PDL.

The Rosacure came out some years ago and it turned out to be less than useless for most people and irritating for many. (Including myself).
    The reviews online are mixed. It is often hard to spot genuine reviews. I have done a little patch test with the "Fast" version of the product I have. I'm not going all in on it.

I've had many IPL treatments in the past. Far more than I should have ever had and I ended up with damage, but that aside, I learned pretty quickly that skin that has been been treated with light devices, is highly sensitive and introducing a new product at such a time is like playing Russian roulette.
    Yes, I too am being careful, knowing what I know about light-based treatment.

Like you, I never fully recovered from topical brimonidine. The drug from hell, as I have always called it.
    It has been 10 years now and the increased flushing and reactivity from the facial veins and nerves continues, although I am much better than I used to be.
    I wish I'd never heard of it. It made me question the knowledge and qualification of the dermatologist who prescribed it. When I complained to the hospital, her senior (head of dermatology, and also my pulsed dye laser doctor) jumped to her defence and actually doubled down on the marketing claims made by Galderma for Mirvaso.
    Last edited by darren1; 9th December 2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Extra info

Thanks Darren, Interesting video. A similar product, Synchroline Rosacure Fast, is on Amazon for $20 USD which we have in our RRDi affiliate store. I also found it on Amazon UK for 20 pounds.
    Hi Brady. I just scanned the ingredients list from the package of the Synchroline Synchrorose "Fast" product. I had a flush last night, and after rinsing my face with cold water and allowing to dry, I applied liberally the "fast" product all over. It did not worsen me and may have helped. The person who sold it to be described a vasoconstricting effect (guess why I was so skeptical? - Mirvaso) and this morning my face seems calm.

If the Roascure "Fast" turns out to be comparable, or even identical to the Synchrorose "Fast", my objective will be to find out how much the clinic I attend for KTP laser is charging. I'll be furious if it's double the price you have found it for online.

Want to help me with this project? See if we can compare the ingredients?

I'm attaching a scanned image as mentioned. Open in a new tab for the full-sized version.

synchroline - synchrorose - fast.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Hi. In 2017, I was prescribed Mirvaso for persistent flushing, which I used only twice but which produced rebound flushing lasting over a year. I developed baseline redness and sought out a series of Vbeam (PDL - pulsed dye laser, 595nm) treatments which helped somewhat.

My third and final Vbeam was on November 15th 2019 but never healed correctly. In fact, it worsened my flushing.

This year, I have had two Cutera Excel V (KTP - Potassium titanyl phosphate, 532nm) treatments. The first was on October 16th but made absolutely no difference.

The second KTP was today, and was done with the energy settings cranked up. It was hot in the room at the clinic where I was treated, which caused me to flush, which was helpful in illustrating upon my face the exact areas that needed the treatment.

I was not too happy with the pressure selling tactics of some supposedly neccessary topical products, one of which is a post-laser care cream (which is plausible) and two other products which look like fancy moisturisers. Those 3 products cost ?113 on top of the ?200 for the KTP.

Here's a video where I talk about all of the above.

Watch video on on YouTube

Wanted to check up on your progress and see how things are going for you. Did you end up healing from your treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by luckz View Post
    Wanted to check up on your progress and see how things are going for you. Did you end up healing from your treatment?
    I healed from my treatment, yes, but there was no improvement. That's two KTP sessions, each of which was sold to me with the promise that I would see results. None of that turned out to be true. Reading some of the negative reviews of the clinic, it seems the people who operate the laser are not considered competent or professional. I agree.

It can take up to 6 weeks to see improvement with Excel V KTP. I am at the 6 week mark right now. I expected to see improvements by now but have not.

Interestingly, the woman who performed my second treatment said that if I don't see improvement, she'll pay for the treatment. I don't know how this will work as I have already paid, so if this means they're prepared to refund me, I'll be shocked. Of course, they might offer a free treatment. Somehow, I cannot help but think this was a lie and redeeming any such proposal will be like getting blood from a stone.