Thread: Demodex mites - which moisturisers to avoid?

Default Demodex mites - which moisturisers to avoid?

I started using soolantra a little over a week ago and I have to say, so far it's looking good! I use it in the evening, and in the morning after a shower I use aveeno, usually dermexa https://www.aveeno.co.uk/products/de...mollient-cream

This got me thinking - assuming the demodex mites have been causing my issues, is it a good idea to use aveeno? I'm wondering if the little critters are snacking on the oaty goodness of aveeno each morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bald View Post
    I started using soolantra a little over a week ago and I have to say, so far it's looking good! I use it in the evening, and in the morning after a shower I use aveeno, usually dermexa https://www.aveeno.co.uk/products/de...mollient-cream

This got me thinking - assuming the demodex mites have been causing my issues, is it a good idea to use aveeno? I'm wondering if the little critters are snacking on the oaty goodness of aveeno each morning.
    The Aveeno should be OK. I haven't seen anything about any of the standard moisturizers like Aveeno possibly feeding demodex. Demodex eat human sebum (oil). I would stay away from any products that contain Jojoba oil since it is chemically the most like human sebum. I haven't seen any specific report on Jojoba feeding demodex. But due to Jojoba oil's chemical similarity to human sebum, I would stay away from it if you have demodex issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    The Aveeno should be OK. I haven't seen anything about any of the standard moisturizers like Aveeno possibly feeding demodex. Demodex eat human sebum (oil). I would stay away from any products that contain Jojoba oil since it is chemically the most like human sebum. I haven't seen any specific report on Jojoba feeding demodex. But due to Jojoba oil's chemical similarity to human sebum, I would stay away from it if you have demodex issues.
    This is interesting, does anyone know of a possible essential oil to add to both help calm the skin and put off the Demodex?

Also I use Anti Fungal cream as it seems to help with this, is this bad or good?