Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Documenting LDN experience

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,696
    Country: UK

    Default Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    Prescribed LDN on the 2nd of October

    Starting dose at 0.5ml and working up to 4.5 ml over the course of a month

    First dose: Oct/03/2020
    0.5ml


    Side effects: None

    I am 2 yrs into my LDN journey, it has been a life-saver and a game-changer for me!

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    66
    Country: Poland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    I am 2 yrs into my LDN journey, it has been a life-saver and a game-changer for me!

    J
    Hi Judworth. I'm on low dose isotretinoin now and want to see for couple months how it go with it, but if its not gonna help, then I'm observing LDN as a next problem solver.
    Can you share me what dosages are you taking, what state were you before and what after taking LDN?

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    I am 2 yrs into my LDN journey, it has been a life-saver and a game-changer for me!

    J
    Did it reduce your redness?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,696
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMage View Post
    Hi Judworth. I'm on low dose isotretinoin now and want to see for couple months how it go with it, but if its not gonna help, then I'm observing LDN as a next problem solver.
    Can you share me what dosages are you taking, what state were you before and what after taking LDN?
    Hello!

    I started on 0.5 mg (I have an overactive thyroid, so as LDN can stimulate this I had to take care) VERY gradually increased by 0.5 mg every 2 or so weeks until I was at 2.5 mg (if I tried to increase to 3 mg it was too much).

    Side effects weird dreams, head aches and muscle ache, the last two were transient, but dreams and sleeping well/alot have continued (2 yrs since started this month!)

    Before LDN I had such bad facial nerve pain and flushing that I could hardly bear it.

    Rarely flush from anything, if I do, I don't get any pain.

    Have now reduced dose to 2 mg this last month with no negative effects.

    HTH

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,696
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    Did it reduce your redness?

    Yes! very much so, the less I flushed the better my skin looks!

    I still have the battle scars (thread veins) however cover with good makeup!

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    66
    Country: Poland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Yes! very much so, the less I flushed the better my skin looks!

    I still have the battle scars (thread veins) however cover with good makeup!

    J
    Sounds that you really winning over it. What were your triggers mostly, and which subtype do you have?

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,696
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMage View Post
    Sounds that you really winning over it. What were your triggers mostly, and which subtype do you have?
    Don't identify with sub-types. I have neurogenic rosacea (intense burning & nerve pain

    when face is hot or cold); triggers emotions (happy or sad) alcohol, stress, wind.
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Day 5

    Dose: 0.9 ml

    Side effects: disturbed sleep. Trouble falling asleep,waking up very early. Quite tired.

    Effects: Praying I'm not jinxing myself but my pain has decreased. My face is not stinging during the night. Heat takes longer to cause that painful sensation on my face. Still red and still flushing.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,696
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    Day 5

    Dose: 0.9 ml

    Side effects: disturbed sleep. Trouble falling asleep,waking up very early. Quite tired.

    Effects: Praying I'm not jinxing myself but my pain has decreased. My face is not stinging during the night. Heat takes longer to cause that painful sensation on my face. Still red and still flushing.

    In the early days, it's so hard not to attribute everything to LDN, btw I saw good results quite early on!

    Hope it's the same for you!!

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    In the early days, it's so hard not to attribute everything to LDN, btw I saw good results quite early on!

    Hope it's the same for you!!

    J
    How early would you say you saw improvement?

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody ever tried split dose of LDN.
    By Judworth in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 6th June 2019, 03:59 PM
  2. LDN and Thyroid issues.
    By Judworth in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 9th May 2019, 08:56 PM
  3. LDN on the NHS?
    By Judworth in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th October 2018, 12:50 PM
  4. Rosacea/sub derm keeps getting worse, driving me insane. documenting honey treatment
    By smackjack22 in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th February 2015, 12:36 AM
  5. Need BIG help documenting the seriousness of Rosacea
    By Chris23 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th August 2007, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •