Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Documenting LDN experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    Never knew you could get that! Thus far taking it at night has done nothing for me anyway

Give it time, nothing with LDN is instant, you may want to look into those drops.
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Well this will be my final update to this thread. LDN did not work for me unfortunately. My next experiment will be with propranol though my hopes for it are not high given the failure that clonidine was. My dermatologist will not let me try nerve pain meds until I try it.

Since the start of my journey my permanent redness has gotten worse, especially on my nose. I'm resigning myself to a life of perpetual misery at this stage.

Well this will be my final update to this thread. LDN did not work for me unfortunately. My next experiment will be with propranol though my hopes for it are not high given the failure that clonidine was. My dermatologist will not let me try nerve pain meds until I try it.

Since the start of my journey my permanent redness has gotten worse, especially on my nose. I'm resigning myself to a life of perpetual misery at this stage.
    I really think you should give the LDN more time, especially if the dermatologist is insisting on making you wait for nerve pain meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    I really think you should give the LDN more time, especially if the dermatologist is insisting on making you wait for nerve pain meds.
    I'll take it for a bit longer but I'm not hoping it'll do anything for me anymore. I think my hormones are playing a role because my constant pain was mostly gone with LDN but when I took my break from the pill it all came straight back and my pain has been back to square one since. Can't sleep again.

I'm going to make a point to the dermatologist that I'll try propranolol but I *need* something for the constant pain as It's giving me the worst trouble. If she won't listen I'll just have to try a GP, I'm not willing to put up with this much longer and I also don't want it getting worse!

I'll take it for a bit longer but I'm not hoping it'll do anything for me anymore. I think my hormones are playing a role because my constant pain was mostly gone with LDN but when I took my break from the pill it all came straight back and my pain has been back to square one since. Can't sleep again.

I'm going to make a point to the dermatologist that I'll try propranolol but I *need* something for the constant pain as It's giving me the worst trouble. If she won't listen I'll just have to try a GP, I'm not willing to put up with this much longer and I also don't want it getting worse!
    propranololol works for paroxysmal redness. For example, as a result of emotions. I think that you probably have a badly damaged skin barrier, the skin is prone to inflammation, also bacterial, it reacts badly to everything and it turns red very easily and it becomes inflamed for any reason, also it may be related to staphylococcus, which most people it is on the skin but when the protective barrier is weak, staphylococcus can also be a problem ... It is related to the nerves and blood vessels - the face, cheeks and especially the nose are extremely innervated. You can consider an antibiotic - in my case, azithromecin gave me relief already within about 3 hours of taking it, which was a signal for me that it was inflammation. However, after a few days of standard therapy, the problem came back, probably also because the skin protection barrier was still bad. So I used a slightly different treatment than the standard regimen and in the meantime I also took various supplements that could be helpful.
    I'm better now, that is, I don't have such inflammations as before when I couldn't sleep. However, I still struggle to make the skin better.

I don't know if you have Vitella Ictamo and Vitella Treox creams. Perhaps they can be helpful. However, when the skin is in extremely bad condition, creams can also be a problem. However, these 2 creams are also unique for inflammation.

I can guess your skin is bad because the lasers have caused me a huge problem.
    Last edited by przemek; 30th November 2020 at 01:01 AM.

Cymbalta (duloxetine) might be of help to you. FDA approved for the management of some types of pain and depression, anxiety. If you emotions are more under control, rosacea should improve. Don?t underestimate psychology as the cause of your symptoms.

LDN still at 1.0

I went for any eyelash appointment a couple of days ago, wearing a mask and didn't flush at all! Skin is still red though.

Getting PRP tpday but am feeling quite scared in case it makes me worse. Contemplating not turning up.
    Consult with an expert dermatologist or you will spinning your wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    Consult with an expert dermatologist or you will spinning your wheels.
    The ?expert? dermatologists in this country know absolutely nothing about neurogenic rosacea. I have visited 4 ?experts?, to no avail. The GP has been far more helpful and intelligent in figuring out treatment🤥

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    The ?expert? dermatologists in this country know absolutely nothing about neurogenic rosacea. I have visited 4 ?experts?, to no avail. The GP has been far more helpful and intelligent in figuring out treatment🤥
    Sadly, that has been my experience also. My GP (although she didn't know much) was prepared to at least work with me.
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Sadly, that has been my experience also. My GP (although she didn't know much) was prepared to at least work with me.
    The GPs look at the individual symptoms and treat those rather than focusing on the diagnosis of rosacea. Dermatologists here only know how to treat type 2 and don?t know how to treat or ignore the vascular / nerve / immune component