Thread: Vbeam recovery. How soon for my next treatment?

Default Vbeam recovery. How soon for my next treatment?

Hello, I suffer from type 1 rosacea and received a Vbeam treatment non bruising about 5 weeks ago. Treatment was done on my cheeks, chin, and very minimal on my forehead. Flushing and redness has gone down about 10%,

For the recovery process I feel it has healed about 70-80%. Symptoms from post-treatment seems to be slightly dry and flaky skin from the treated areas.

I have my 2nd vbeam treatment in 5 days I still see a few marks but you can hardly tell unless you look directly at it.

My question is, how soon should I wait for my next treatment? From what I read, recommended time is every 4 weeks and 1-3 treatments for optimal results. But for some It seems that 6-12 weeks would be the ideal time for recovery and to schedule my next treatment?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by luckz; 13th September 2020 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckz View Post
    Hello, I suffer from type 1 rosacea and received a Vbeam treatment non bruising about 5 weeks ago. Treatment was done on my cheeks, chin, and very minimal on my forehead. Flushing and redness has gone down about 10%,

For the recovery process I feel it has healed about 70-80%. Symptoms from post-treatment seems to be slightly dry and flaky skin from the treated areas.

I have my 2nd vbeam treatment in 5 days I still see a few marks but you can hardly tell unless you look directly at it.

My question is, how soon should I wait for my next treatment? From what I read, recommended time is every 4 weeks and 1-3 treatments for optimal results. But for some It seems that 6-12 weeks would be the ideal time for recovery and to schedule my next treatment?

My advice is to quit while you are ahead and don?t go back for a 2nd one. So many posters here have damaged their skin with vbeam and ipl. It may temporarily fix things but only makes things worse in the long run.

Can't endorse laser. It ruined my life. I'm killing myself becauase of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    Sineadrosy,
    Please read all the messages of support to you. Don?t do it. There are lots of different things to help and anti-depressants for rosacea ( if that is what you try) are used at a much lower dose than for depression, hence little to no side effects. LDN has no side effects at all apart from nice dreams at the beginning. Please try something to put you on the road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    My advice is to quit while you are ahead and don?t go back for a 2nd one. So many posters here have damaged their skin with vbeam and ipl. It may temporarily fix things but only makes things worse in the long run.
    I appreciate the help. I have noticed minimal improvement since my 1st vbeam treatment. But it looks like everything is gradually getting better day by day. I haven't seen pictures of long term effects for those that that say it makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    Did you get treated with Vbeam? May I ask what the negative reactions you had with your laser treatments?

Did you get treated with Vbeam? May I ask what the negative reactions you had with your laser treatments?
    Vbeam triggered neurogenic rosacea-intense stinging pain, reactivity to cold, heat, make up, moisturisers etc, flushing, swelling. It basically sensitized the nerves which caused a cascade of neurovascular inflammation.

Vbeam triggered neurogenic rosacea-intense stinging pain, reactivity to cold, heat, make up, moisturisers etc, flushing, swelling. It basically sensitized the nerves which caused a cascade of neurovascular inflammation.
    yes it's true, once again modern scientific discoveries destroy our lives.