Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've decided to kill myself

You seem really bad psychologically. But for now, you haven't tried everything yet, keep in mind that it only takes ONE treatment to work and you could get your life back. We may be able to help direct you to the right treatment. If you don't mind, answer these few questions:

- What type of redness do you have? Persistent? Discontinuous flushes? Do you have a lot of pimples or is it mostly intense flushing / redness?
    - Do you have any associated digestive problems? (diarrhea, bloating, etc.)
    - Are you allergic to something? (gluten, milk, histamine?)
    - Do you have any other symptoms or problems? (weight, fatigue, headaches)?

Rosacea is often a misdiagnosis, and the rash can be a sign of a different disease. There may be an underlying cause that will explain your condition. We have to keep looking and go to different doctors.

Agreed Ryohiku.. it only takes 1 treatment to work and life gets so much better.
    Sineadrosy, accept the help on this forum and between us all, we?ll set you on the right path.

This psychological technique was recommended to me by the New York dermatologist, Dr Alan Dattner, as he said his rosacea patients had benefited from it. It's called tapping or the emotional freedom technique. All you have to do is follow the instructions in the video to feel calmer and it takes 12 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWu3rSEddZI&t=3s

If you find tapping helpful, there are lots of affordable books on it by Nick Ortner, and many free resources online if you search his name and tapping too.

There are some excellent clinical psychologists with interests in skin conditions or anxiety, but that can take a lot of energy and time to find the right person. So hopefully tapping can be useful in between. I have found hypnosis a helpful technique, other people find cognitive behavioural therapy useful.

Of course, talk to friends and family as well.

There are many medications, topical approaches and dietary suggestions that are likely to improve the rosacea itself. This can take a lot of time and determination to find the right solution for you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    You seem really bad psychologically. But for now, you haven't tried everything yet, keep in mind that it only takes ONE treatment to work and you could get your life back. We may be able to help direct you to the right treatment. If you don't mind, answer these few questions:

- What type of redness do you have? Persistent? Discontinuous flushes? Do you have a lot of pimples or is it mostly intense flushing / redness?
    - Do you have any associated digestive problems? (diarrhea, bloating, etc.)
    - Are you allergic to something? (gluten, milk, histamine?)
    - Do you have any other symptoms or problems? (weight, fatigue, headaches)?

Rosacea is often a misdiagnosis, and the rash can be a sign of a different disease. There may be an underlying cause that will explain your condition. We have to keep looking and go to different doctors.
    I just have neurogenic rosacea so i flush badly amd am constanly red and in pain.i have nerve damage from IPL

Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    I just have neurogenic rosacea so i flush badly amd am constanly red and in pain.i have nerve damage from IPL

do you also feel some pain in this place? Just like something is going on inside under the skin? or a pain / hug like there is something damaged under the skin?

Glad you are still with us and posting. The RRDi is THE only non profit organization for rosacea patient advocacy, a grassroots organization, that recognizes Neurogenic Rosacea as a rosacea variant. In our article on this variant it refers to pregabalin (Lyrica). Have you tried this treatment? We also refer to two sufferers with NR here at RF who discuss what they used to treat it. Just think, if you find a treatment that works for you, wouldn't it be helpful to post in this thread what you discovered so that others with Neurogenic Rosacea (NR) could be helped? Don't give up, keep searching and you will find.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Glad you are still with us and posting. The RRDi is THE only non profit organization for rosacea patient advocacy, a grassroots organization, that recognizes Neurogenic Rosacea as a rosacea variant. In our article on this variant it refers to pregabalin (Lyrica). Have you tried this treatment? We also refer to two sufferers with NR here at RF who discuss what they used to treat it. Just think, if you find a treatment that works for you, wouldn't it be helpful to post in this thread what you discovered so that others with Neurogenic Rosacea (NR) could be helped? Don't give up, keep searching and you will find.
    Thanks for the info! My derm said that medication like that is less likely to work on me than clonodine/propranol so she won't give me it I found a doctor in my city who prescribes LDN which I want to try

My own gp will not prescribeeds like lyrica either :/
    Last edited by Sineadrosy; 29th September 2020 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks for the info! My derm said that medication like that is less likely to work on me than clonodine/propranol so she won't give me it I found a doctor in my city who prescribes LDN which I want to try

Don't give up - I had to see several different dermatologists to put together a medicine regime that works for me. If you tell people which country you are in, they may be able to recommend dermatologists who are familiar with prescribing a wide range of medicines for rosacea. I found gabapentin more useful than lyrica - which made me absent minded but didn't help the flushing really! Both are anti-epilepsy medicines.

Laser_cat at RF [post no 2] who suffers from neurogenic rosacea posts that amlodipine has helped in her struggle and lists other drugs she is taking to fight this. Did this article on Neurogenic Rosacea help at all?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Laser_cat at RF [post no 2] who suffers from neurogenic rosacea posts that amlodipine has helped in her struggle and lists other drugs she is taking to fight this. Did this article on Neurogenic Rosacea help at all?
    It's very helpful but the issue is doctor's refusal to help me