Thread: Azithromecin for rosacea - 2 schemes.

Default Azithromecin for rosacea - 2 schemes.

I do not know if this information was included in the group but I am including two azithromecin treatment regimens for rosacea. The study shows that it is effective.

Scheme one.
    500 mg azithromecin 3 times a week for 8 weeks.
    https://rosacea-support.org/severe-r...-metrogel.html

Scheme second.
    Daily azithromecin 500 mg for 2 weeks.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3082126/

The information looks very reliable. I also tested azithromecin and it helped me a lot in the worst moments.
    It worked very quickly because after just 3 hours I felt relief (reduced burning and less inflammation)
    Azithromecin is also highly anti-inflammatory, it is also not photosensitizing, gentle on the stomach, it did not cause any problems for me, except maybe a little more tiredness.

Here is also some interesting information about azithromecin. Unfortunately, not English, but Polish.
    http://www.mededu.home.pl/linki/AP2-...ytromycyne.pdf
    Last edited by przemek; 4th September 2020 at 06:18 PM.

Default Can?t take doxy anymore

I tried oracea low dose doxy for 4 nights and then it gave me insomnia and I had stomach discomfort even taking it with food. I have swelling and flushing and even mild papules. What all has the Azithromycin helped with? I also have ocular issues now. I?m willing to try anything

Quote Originally Posted by Boomtown405 View Post
    I tried oracea low dose doxy for 4 nights and then it gave me insomnia and I had stomach discomfort even taking it with food. I have swelling and flushing and even mild papules. What all has the Azithromycin helped with? I also have ocular issues now. I?m willing to try anything
    Oracea takes at least thirty days to see improvement, and longer for clearance, as well as any other antibiotic treatment. Here are some more links to azithromycin (antibiotic). If you are allergic to antibiotics you may want to ask your physician about azelaic acid or ivermectin.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Oracea takes at least thirty days to see improvement, and longer for clearance, as well as any other antibiotic treatment. Here are some more links to azithromycin (antibiotic). If you are allergic to antibiotics you may want to ask your physician about azelaic acid or ivermectin.
    Ya unfortunately I couldn?t make it that long although I had no bumps appear during those five days I took it. I already use AzA and it?s drying. My type two is pretty mild it?s really my type one and ocular rosacea that are bothersome. I went to my ophthalmologist today and got a script for Azithromycin. Hopefully it doesn?t flare up my seb derm too much