Thread: Water could be cure?

Default Water could be cure?

So I?m a male with sub type 1 rosacea.
    I get the odd break out now and then, but it?s the flushing that gets me! I know you all suffer the same so I?ll just get to the point.
    So after a big night out, the next day I was super dehydrated. So had a pretty healthy detox and drank lots of water throughout the day. It became a bit of a habit and I kept it going for a few days, when I realised I wasn?t flushing the same as what I usually do.
    I flush like clockwork. Always in the afternoon and into the night. During the day I?m pretty calm and I feel confident. But after lunchtime the tingling starts and as long as I keep calm and don?t get to hot I can avoid a bad one.
    So back to my tip, I was obviously peeing loads during the first three days which let?s be honest isn?t that practical, so I decided instead of downing lots of water like I was doing, to take a good mouthful every 30min or so, I also ditched any other drink minus my coffee first thing in the morning.
    So I?ve been doing this for 2 weeks now, and I don?t seem to have had any flush?s.
    even though I?ve been in some guaranteed flushing situations, I exercise lots and my job is in a warm enclosed environment so nightmare for people like us.
    So I guess the key here is staying super hydrated keeps the body cool enough that it can regulate temperature more effectively!?
    I should also mention that the water im using comes out pretty cold from the drinking fountain at work so that might help also.
    ***. So... my routine.
    - Coffee in morning.
    - then ONLY (cold preferably) water for rest of day.

No special diet, but I eat in moderation. Lots of fruit and veg only snack at weekends. Food doesn?t make me flush, only heat, emotions, environment etc.

My Skin care routine is wash face in morning with Anti dandruff shampoo, that might sound weird. Was a tip I tried out once in desperation and my skin liked it so I stuck with it. ***

That?s it really, it?s working for me, and I flush pretty bad so I hope this can help for you too.

Thanks for you tip. It may help. Some clinical authorities have suggested that SD is a rosacea variant, but the consensus amongst most authorities is that SD is a disease Sui generis of its own. SD looks so much like rosacea and in many cases co-exists with rosacea. In either case, drinking more water would improve both conditions. Flushing usually isn't associated with SD. At the bottom of the RF home page are similar threads:

water_similar_threads.jpg
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 16th August 2020 at 06:58 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Just be aware that too much water can also be damaging. Overhydration or water intoxication can cause confusion, disorientation, nausea, and vomiting. In rare cases, water intoxication can cause swelling in the brain and become fatal. So if you will see any be aware. Too much water can dilute the electrolytes, especially sodium, in the blood. I had this when I was on strict Keto diet drinking only water for month and it started with minor dizzines which progressed and incresed to nausea.

How much water is too much water?

Really depends on a person tendencies his diet and microelements levels. There is no simple anwser for that.

Hi Pantherman, too much water is when you drink 3 or more quarts in an hour. This happened to me once -- I was sweating heavily and inline skating aggressively for an hour in the afternoon sun when the temp was about 95F, and I drank about a gallon of tap water instead of GatorAde like usual. About an hour after I stopped skating, I became very dizzy and the feeling was similar to extreme alcohol poisoning. Then I had benign positional vertigo (your inner ear has no sense of up/down/left/right) for about 4 days afterwards, which was weird but temporary, and I had to use my fingertips to orient myself.

You have to drink a lot of water in a relatively short time to experience water poisoning. I don't know anyone else who's ever done this, so it isn't at all a common experience as far as I know.

Thanks Tom - Geez who new water could be that detrimental lol

The reason I asked was, i'm a big (BEER) drinker on weekends and generally only drink water through the week, flush the liver lol

Some weekdays I can drink up to 3 litres per day but it is generally around 2 litres per day. Not a lot of people I know drink this much water, hence the question.

It's annoying at night, but seems to be working for me as my annual check ups are good.

Cheers

It's true about diluting electrolytes if you're drinking water all day. I work out on Saturdays and sweat heavily for 2 hours. In that time I will sip 2 pints of water, each with added salt. The more water you excrete, the more electrolytes you lose.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."