Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken capillaries on nose

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
    Hi Elaine,

Do you think it may be worthwhile trying the Salicylic acid option first? And would I be using it twice a day?

I will speak to the dermo re: antibiotics and testing for demodex.

Thanks again, much appreciated
    I'm not sure which product would be the best for you. It depends on what makes your skin sensitive. Definitely test it on a small patch of skin before using on your face. I don't have sensitivity issues with Salicylic acid (BHA) products but you might react differently. You can use it once or twice a day as tolerated. Follow either product with moisturizer to avoid over drying your skin.
    Definitely keep wearing the sunscreen regardless of which treatment you choose. Retinoids can make you more sensitive to the sun. In some limited studies, Salicylic acid hasn't been shown to increase sun sensitivity, but a sun screen is still a really good idea to protect your skin from sun damage.

Hi M?stica,

I was trying to work out how to PM you, perhaps I am unable to as I am new member?
    I am sorry, I am not up to date with forum rules. Perhaps someone else can advise? Normally, you just click on the avatar/name and options appear.

I just wanted to add, topical niacinamide also very gently exfoliates the skin as well as encouraging the skin to produce it's own ceramides and free fatty acids.

Here is a study speaking about the latter. It doesn't mention the former, but I know from experience with my formula, it very gently exfoliates.
    There are no sun sensitivity issues either.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10971324/

I apply my gel all over my face and then, I mix a little more with a tiny bit of ZZ cream and apply it to my nose and upper lip area. I seem to need it there.
    ZZ also gently exfoliates, as well has having a number of other effects, including treatment of demodex and beneficially interacting with TRP channels in the skin. (They are dysfunctional in rosacea skin).
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Thank you so much for all your advice, hints and tips. I really do appreciate it.

My face is a little swollen from the treatment and only using mild products at the moment ie qv sensitive face wash and Laroche moisturiser.

I really do want to explore the possibility of the demodex mites, as per Elaine's advice. Does anyone know of a dermatologist in Sydney who performs the test?
    Last edited by Sydney2000; 12th August 2020 at 12:21 PM.

Thank you so much for all the advice, hints and tips. I really do appreciate it.

My face is a little swollen from the treatment and only using mild products at the moment ie qv sensitive face wash and Laroche moisturiser.

I really do want to explore the possibility of the demodex mites, as per Elaine's advice. Does anyone know of a dermatologist in Sydney who performs the test?

Hi, I am not sure if this thread is still open? I would definitely like to ask some questions regarding supplements for broken capillaries....

Default no need to worry

I think this can be fixed easily if you contact your personal physician or doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by nick3009 View Post
    Hi, I am not sure if this thread is still open? I would definitely like to ask some questions regarding supplements for broken capillaries....
    Supplements and rosacea is a FAQ which is covered here.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

I am back. Anyone know of a dermatologist or physician who will test for demodex. I did have a case of Helicobacter pylori (bacteria). So it would not surprise me if I had some sort of bacteria contributing to the broken capillaries.