Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can VBEAM help the destruction caused to my face by IPL?

Angry Can VBEAM help the destruction caused to my face by IPL?

I got IPL just over two weeks ago. My very mild rosacea and nice textured skin has been destroyed. Rosacea is significantly SIGNIFICANTLY worse and my under eyes and cheeks have an orange peel texture. Don't know about fat loss yet.

Could VBEAM help to fix the redness at least?

I saw your other thread you started about your IPL experience which I also posted in that thread. You may want to read the anecdotal experiences I have collected about laser. If you do try vBeam, post your experience. You can read about vBeam at this post.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 4th August 2020 at 09:11 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Sineadrosy View Post
    I got IPL just over two weeks ago. My very mild rosacea and nice textured skin has been destroyed. Rosacea is significantly SIGNIFICANTLY worse and my under eyes and cheeks have an orange peel texture. Don't know about fat loss yet.

No Sineadrosy, on my experience, please don?t touch VBeam. It?ll make your skin worse. I hope you don?t mind me asking-where did you get the IPL done?

i wonder if the IPL has just set off a seb derm flare. This is what would happen to me and until it settles it looks like orange peel, red and very flushing. Dr Crouch used to use nlite with IPL for just this reason.

has it settled at all yet? Have you spoken to the treatment centre?

ps I have moved the thread to the laser section
    Last edited by phlika29; 12th August 2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Move thread position

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    No Sineadrosy, on my experience, please don?t touch VBeam. It?ll make your skin worse. I hope you don?t mind me asking-where did you get the IPL done?

I had the IPL done in a cosmetic clinic in Ireland called River Medical. Ruined my life. What happened to you with VBEAM?

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    i wonder if the IPL has just set off a seb derm flare. This is what would happen to me and until it settles it looks like orange peel, red and very flushing. Dr Crouch used to use nlite with IPL for just this reason.

has it settled at all yet? Have you spoken to the treatment centre?

ps I have moved the thread to the laser section
    It has been a good while now since the IPL and rosacea has continued to progress. No sebderm. Just scadling red face. My eyes now sting and burn too, which I never had before.

i am also injured by the laser. Doctors do not say this because they have a leasing laser and want to do a lot of treatments because they cost a lot of money. But these lasers are destroying our skin. See here how many problems also vbeam

https://www.realself.com/forum/help-...ons-fraxel-ipl

To the original poster: It's been six weeks or so since you were treated. When I had IPL it took about 4 weeks for my face to settle, as I too had flushing and stinging.

I also had Vbeam (PDL) in November 2019, and still, now, I had PIE marks where the laser hit. Faded a lot, but stil lworse than what my face was right before treatment.

I'd recommend you begin using Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid from The Ordinary. Also get the Cerave moisturising cream (it has ceramides in it).

Furthur, consider getting an LED device that emits yellow light. I have one. Cost about ?80 on Amazon, and I lay under it every day for 20 minutes. It shines the yellow light at something like 583nm, which is not far off the 595nm wavelength used by Vbeam to target hemoglobin (redness).

The LED device I'm talking about is capable of producing seven colours, but I suggest you focus on the yellow, as this is though to improve erythema. I've been using my device for about a month daily. Am I getting better? Hard to say. I'm not geting worse though, and the yellow light does calm inflammed skin. I want it to have a permanent positive effect which is why I do it every day.

I also started up my Azelaic Acid a few months back, starting with a weak over the counter formulation (10%, The Ordinary) before moving up to presecription strength Skinoren (20%). You can watch videos on YouTube about AA and how it is a versatile, fairly well-tolerated ingredient with various benefits, including calming red skin and preventing acne breakouts, among others.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

From the perspective of someone that have over 20 IPLs with diffrent lenghts and powers and 6 VBeams I would say that laser is only the temporary solution. IPLs have been going off from face for a few days to max 2 weeks. However, Vbeam had time to go off for 3-5 weeks in which facial regeneration takes place. Terrible memories.

If somebody is struggling with external facial changes such as telangiectasias, I think lasers are a good and quick idea to get rid of the problem.

In my case, the condition of my skin quickly returned about 4-6 weeks to the state before the treatment. Eventually, after all these treatments, the condition of my skin improved by maybe up to 10%. It is a waste of time and, above all, not a small amount of money.

I had the IPL done in a cosmetic clinic in Ireland called River Medical. Ruined my life. What happened to you with VBEAM?
    The very same thing happened to me as happened to you. VBeam turned my normal
    skin with a few broken veins into full blown neurogenic rosacea with constant stinging, flushing and swelling. It has spread to my eyes.
    These machines should be made illegal. They are so dangerous.

Molly.