Thread: Dermatologist recommendations UK

Default Dermatologist recommendations UK

I'm currently doing my research and have picked out two places and was hoping if anyone has had any experience with the places and dermatologists before and how they are etc. As I'm sure we all know, some places just like to sell you things and I definatly want to find someone genuine and thorough.
    The first one is Dr Anne Farrell at Dermatology consulting in Tunbridge Wells, and the other is the Skin and hair clinic in London, with quite a few dermatologists such as Louise Fuller, Tracy Wong, Silvia Aguilar-Duran, Anna Chapman, Bryan McDonald, Martin Wade to name a few.
    Thanks for any help and advise, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Particular View Post
    I'm currently doing my research and have picked out two places and was hoping if anyone has had any experience with the places and dermatologists before and how they are etc. As I'm sure we all know, some places just like to sell you things and I definatly want to find someone genuine and thorough.
    The first one is Dr Anne Farrell at Dermatology consulting in Tunbridge Wells, and the other is the Skin and hair clinic in London, with quite a few dermatologists such as Louise Fuller, Tracy Wong, Silvia Aguilar-Duran, Anna Chapman, Bryan McDonald, Martin Wade to name a few.
    Thanks for any help and advise, much appreciated.
    I'm not sure why you've picked out Anne Farrell in particular? Does she have any particular expertise in rosacea?

Dr Charkida is taking over most of Professor Tony Chu's patients and following his protocols for treating rosacea:
    https://dermoaestheticsurgery.com/about/

Dr Stefanie Williams at Eudelo in London has some interesting ideas for treating rosacea, but is incredibly expensive, not sure if it's really value for money.

Just what I've found from researching, and wondering if anyone else has used her or the other place.
    Plus she has quite an array of laser's at her disposal which seem from here are the best kind to use which I haven't found at other places. (Excel v one). How is Dr Chu's replacement btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Particular View Post
    Just what I've found from researching, and wondering if anyone else has used her or the other place.
    Plus she has quite an array of laser's at her disposal which seem from here are the best kind to use which I haven't found at other places. (Excel v one). How is Dr Chu's replacement btw?
    Dr Charakida seems good so far - she focuses on using a wide range of medicines for rosacea not lasers.

I would be very wary of using lasers or IPL on rosacea. Even people who initially experience benefits usually return to the forum at some point to say how it's made their skin/rosacea worse in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Dr Charakida seems good so far - she focuses on using a wide range of medicines for rosacea not lasers.

I would be very wary of using lasers or IPL on rosacea. Even people who initially experience benefits usually return to the forum at some point to say how it's made their skin/rosacea worse in the end.
    hi

thankyou for posting about Dr Charakida I have been looking for her since Professor Chu retired but couldn?t remember her name. She used to help treat me at Hammersmith Hospital and is really great. Very skilled with the nlite laser.

can I ask where you are seeing her? At Harley street? Is it very expensive? Do you know if she practises elsewhere? I would like to avoid having to travel into and around London at the moment for obvious reasons and was hoping there was somewhere I could drive to.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    hi

thankyou for posting about Dr Charakida I have been looking for her since Professor Chu retired but couldn?t remember her name. She used to help treat me at Hammersmith Hospital and is really great. Very skilled with the nlite laser.

can I ask where you are seeing her? At Harley street? Is it very expensive? Do you know if she practises elsewhere? I would like to avoid having to travel into and around London at the moment for obvious reasons and was hoping there was somewhere I could drive to.

cheers
    I think the pricing is fair and comparable with Prof Chu. She can see you via telephone (possibly video call) at the moment if you speak to her secretary. You'd have to ask her PA if she has any other venues except Harley Street as I'm not sure.

never thought of travelling across the UK to another city to see a derm.

I live near Manchester and all it seems to be is them wanting money up front

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    never thought of travelling across the UK to another city to see a derm.

I live near Manchester and all it seems to be is them wanting money up front

https://dermatologist.co.uk/ I?ve been to him he?s near Manchester