Thread: Frequency of soolantra? And it’s getting worse!

Default Frequency of soolantra? And it’s getting worse!

I’ve just started using Soolantra cream as since my baby has been born my skin has been getting progressively worse. I’m breastfeeding so can’t use any of the tetracyclines (I know doxy works for me but that’s been off the cards since I got pregnant) And tried erythromycin but couldn’t deal with the stomach cramps.

I’ve been using soolantra for about a week now and must admit it seems to be making things worse. I’m very concerned about a spot on my cheek where I seem to have a permanent cyst type thing which grows huge and red when I have a flare up, it looks like I have a terrible abscess when it’s at its worst, and it very tender and painful. It looks and feels like it’s growing and I wish I knew where it would stop! I’m considering stopping the soolantra - any thoughts?

Anyway I’m wondering how often you should use the soolantra. My gp just said daily. Is that once per day? Anyone use it more frequently?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsay View Post
    I’ve just started using Soolantra cream as since my baby has been born my skin has been getting progressively worse. I’m breastfeeding so can’t use any of the tetracyclines (I know doxy works for me but that’s been off the cards since I got pregnant) And tried erythromycin but couldn’t deal with the stomach cramps.

I’ve been using soolantra for about a week now and must admit it seems to be making things worse. I’m very concerned about a spot on my cheek where I seem to have a permanent cyst type thing which grows huge and red when I have a flare up, it looks like I have a terrible abscess when it’s at its worst, and it very tender and painful. It looks and feels like it’s growing and I wish I knew where it would stop! I’m considering stopping the soolantra - any thoughts?

Anyway I’m wondering how often you should use the soolantra. My gp just said daily. Is that once per day? Anyone use it more frequently?

Thanks
    Soolantra shoud be used once daily at night before bed after washing your face. The microscopic demodex skin mites are active at night, so the Soolantra is best used at night. It sounds like the Soolantra is working. I would recommend that you keep using it. When fighting demodex, its best to use a clean towel for your face daily. The mites can live on a wet towel for up to 54 hours. Washing and drying the towels in a clothes washer and dryer at 58 degrees C will kill the demodex.

Its sounds like you are having a die off. When the demodex skin mites die their dead bodies form the pustules and papules or cysts. On the good side, the mites are dead. On the con side, skin doesn't look the best while the mites are dying. This phase hopefully will not last too long.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Treatment Gel with Witch Hazel and Salicylic Acid can help reduce the swelling from the red cysts and pustules. The salicylic acid in the gel may also open the blocked pore in the cyst enough that the deep pustule will come to the surface and will drain itself. A heat compress on the cyst may also help. I used this gel when I had active demodex which was misdiagnosed as acne. It really works in a day or two. Here's a link to this product on Amazon. Most drugstores and grocery stores that carry Neutrogena might have it.

https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Ra...=beauty&sr=1-3

Default Thank you

That’s so helpful, thank you Elaine.

I also wondered if it’s ok to put my normal moisturiser over the soolantra or will that interrupt its action?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsay View Post
    That’s so helpful, thank you Elaine.

I also wondered if it’s ok to put my normal moisturiser over the soolantra or will that interrupt its action?
    Soolantra is in a moisturizing base cream So you may not need additional moisturizer when using the Soolantra.

I found the usage instructions on line. It says to use a pea sized amount once a day. It also says to let Soolantra dry completely before applying makeup.
    So my best guess on this one is to use it like a serum. Its best to apply a serum and wait 5 to 7 minutes minimum before applying moisturizer. That lets a serum soak in and "do its thing" before adding more layers.

It is best to apply Soolantra after washing your face at night before bed. The mites are active at night and come out to the skin's surface. Night is when Soolantra can best work its magic.

Default Thank you

Thank you again! I’m excited to see if things improve