Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zhongzhou cream

Default Zhongzhou cream

I wondered if anyone else had noticed that the original version of Zhongzhou cream appears to have changed its ingredients. I am still buying the original not the cosmetic version. However it now seems to have a more creamy consistency and is not as effective for me. I know there is a new cosmetic version in a black tub which I've tried and this version doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I wondered if anyone else had noticed that the original version of Zhongzhou cream appears to have changed its ingredients. I am still buying the original not the cosmetic version. However it now seems to have a more creamy consistency and is not as effective for me. I know there is a new cosmetic version in a black tub which I've tried and this version doesn't work for me.
    For clarity this is the type I am using.
    https://demodex.co.uk/product/zinc-o...mate-ointment/

Oh no... I worried they may change it again.

When I first started using it back in 2010 (test) and then full use (2013), it was more like a thickish ointment. Well, ointment is probably not the right word. It actually applied very nicely and was durable. I could apply ice packs as required and they would not lift the ZZ off my skin. It had to be diluted as does the one I am currently using.

In mid 2014 when I ordered my next batch, I was horrified to see it had completely changed and could not be used on it's own on my face. The previous batches helped control the neon sign flushing as it left a barrier on my skin. And a slight white cast.
    The new batch, seemed to dissolve to nothing and then dried like poster paint. I was horrified and stressed and made a few posts on the demodex forum, where I was assured it had not been changed.
    Then finally I got a response that my batch was intended for Alaska, or some such place, where it is colder and the product is more durable there. It was ridiculous to say the least.
    In any case, I was living in an igloo myself back then.

My facial symptoms revved up badly and more stress set in.

Until, I decided to use the niacinamide gel my compounding pharmacist made for me.
    That mixed with a tiny bit of ZZ worked perfectly. In fact, the final mix was FAR superior to the ZZ batch formula I was grieving over.

I have not looked back. Now-a-days I only use ZZ (mixed with the niacinamide gel) on my nose and above my upper lip area, where I seem to need it constantly. (I apply the gel to the rest of my face).
    I do spot treat other areas when required ( if I develop the odd P&P or mostly if the skin becomes inflamed).

I have been fearing the ZZ formula would change again... and your post has me worried.

When you say it is creamier... can you provide more details?
    Does it disappear into the skin, or sit on top with a slight white cast?
    If so, it is kind of like diluted vasoline, (I can't think of another word).
    The old batch often separated a little. Not like curdled milk, but it would form what appeared to be an oily layer on the top, so you had to mix it up with a Q-tip.
    I seem to recall Walter the rep saying the base was tricky to create as it involved mixing oils and water.
    Maybe that is why they changed it in 2014.

Do you think you may be reacting to one of the new ingredients?

I am about to place a new order. The first in a very long time and I had been wondering if the formula/base might have been changed... again...

I hope your skin adjusts to it, and/or you can find a suitable mix like I did.
    Last edited by Mistica; 24th July 2020 at 03:00 AM.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

This has been discussed before in other threads. The RRDi has an ingredient comparison report that has been approved by Demodex Solutions. If you purchase either the ZZ Cream Original or the ZZ Cream Cosmetic, the RRDi receives a small affiliate fee. I prefer the cosmetic version since it seems to be 'creamier.'

After you review the ingredient comparison report above, if there is some sort of change in the original can you please point out what you have discovered so I can ask Walter about it? Can you show a screen shot of the changed ingredient(s)?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 24th July 2020 at 11:59 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    Oh no... I worried they may change it again.

When I first started using it back in 2010 (test) and then full use (2013), it was more like a thickish ointment. Well, ointment is probably not the right word. It actually applied very nicely and was durable. I could apply ice packs as required and they would not lift the ZZ off my skin. It had to be diluted as does the one I am currently using.

In mid 2014 when I ordered my next batch, I was horrified to see it had completely changed and could not be used on it's own on my face. The previous batches helped control the neon sign flushing as it left a barrier on my skin. And a slight white cast.
    The new batch, seemed to dissolve to nothing and then dried like poster paint. I was horrified and stressed and made a few posts on the demodex forum, where I was assured it had not been changed.
    Then finally I got a response that my batch was intended for Alaska, or some such place, where it is colder and the product is more durable there. It was ridiculous to say the least.
    In any case, I was living in an igloo myself back then.

My facial symptoms revved up badly and more stress set in.

Until, I decided to use the niacinamide gel my compounding pharmacist made for me.
    That mixed with a tiny bit of ZZ worked perfectly. In fact, the final mix was FAR superior to the ZZ batch formula I was grieving over.

I have not looked back. Now-a-days I only use ZZ (mixed with the niacinamide gel) on my nose and above my upper lip area, where I seem to need it constantly. (I apply the gel to the rest of my face).
    I do spot treat other areas when required ( if I develop the odd P&P or mostly if the skin becomes inflamed).

I have been fearing the ZZ formula would change again... and your post has me worried.

When you say it is creamier... can you provide more details?
    Does it disappear into the skin, or sit on top with a slight white cast?
    If so, it is kind of like diluted vasoline, (I can't think of another word).
    The old batch often separated a little. Not like curdled milk, but it would form what appeared to be an oily layer on the top, so you had to mix it up with a Q-tip.
    I seem to recall Walter the rep saying the base was tricky to create as it involved mixing oils and water.
    Maybe that is why they changed it in 2014.

Do you think you may be reacting to one of the new ingredients?

I am about to place a new order. The first in a very long time and I had been wondering if the formula/base might have been changed... again...

I hope your skin adjusts to it, and/or you can find a suitable mix like I did.
    I agree - until the last two containers of the original Zhongzhou substance I bought it was more ointment like as you say. Now it seems creamy, rather like the cosmetic version - which I have bought separately (so I know what the consistency of the cosmetic version is like). I know some like Brady like the creamy version, which doesn't need diluting to make it work well. But my skin worked much better with the ointment which I used to apply with a wet finger to dilute it slightly. I have checked with the supplier, www.demodex.co.uk, and they say it's definitely the original Zhongzhou I have. It would help if the supplier can ensure they are making the original ingredients Zhongzhou ointment available as well as the new cosmetic version to meet different users' needs.

Anyone else who has problems getting hold of the proper original Zhongzhou, do let us know here.

The Zhongzhou I have is in the original silver jar not the version on the link (the black jar).
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 24th July 2020 at 06:16 AM.

I just looked at the ingredients listed in the link you provided and I don't recognise two of them at all.

Ingredients: this is a compound preparation. Each gram of ointment contains 71 mg of Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur. Subsidiary ingredients: Menthol, Matrixyl, attar.

I know what Matrixyl is, but never saw it listed in the original ZZ Ointment (and I am speaking from back in 2010 to 2013).

I have no idea what Attar is. Do you know?
    And what about the boric acid, salicylic acid, and secret herbs?

I can't see the cosmetic version on that site to compare. Maybe it is the cosmetic version, but listed incorrectly, as the ingredient list on the Demodex Solutions website (original website) is the same as it has always been.
    (Not to say they may not have changed the base since I last ordered it).

Ingredients:
    The Ointments formula is protected by a Chinese state patent,
    some of the ingredients are:
    Zinc oxide
    Sublimed sulfur
    Menthol
    Boric acid
    salicylic acid
    Chinese medicine herbs
    and the base which is a complex formula on his own.

I just checked Brady's comparison list and the UK ingredient list doesn't match that either. Hmmm

Here's a mystery for you to solve, Brady!
    Last edited by Mistica; 24th July 2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    I just looked at the ingredients listed in the link you provided and I don't recognise two of them at all.

Ingredients: this is a compound preparation. Each gram of ointment contains 71 mg of Zinc Oxide and Sublimed Sulfur. Subsidiary ingredients: Menthol, Matrixyl, attar.

I know what Matrixyl is, but never saw it listed in the original ZZ Ointment (and I am speaking from back in 2010 to 2013).

I have no idea what Attar is. Do you know?
    And what about the boric acid, salicylic acid, and secret herbs?

I can't see the cosmetic version on that site to compare. Maybe it is the cosmetic version, but listed incorrectly, as the ingredient list on the Demodex Solutions website (original website) is the same as it has always been.
    (Not to say they may not have changed the base since I last ordered it).

Ingredients:
    The Ointments formula is protected by a Chinese state patent,
    some of the ingredients are:
    Zinc oxide
    Sublimed sulfur
    Menthol
    Boric acid
    salicylic acid
    Chinese medicine herbs
    and the base which is a complex formula on his own.

I just checked Brady's comparison list and the UK ingredient list doesn't match that either. Hmmm

Here's a mystery for you to solve, Brady!
    I will do my best but need to know what to ask? Maybe a new comparison list will be forthcoming if I knew what to put. The silver jar is no more and the new black jar with ZZ cream is as afar as I know the 'new' ingredient list. Walter told me in an email years ago that one of the 'secret' ingredients is Java Brucea (Brucea javanica) but you will not see this on an ingredient list.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 24th July 2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    For clarity this is the type I am using.
    https://demodex.co.uk/product/zinc-o...mate-ointment/
    Demodex Solutions doesn't sell that gold box with the silver jar anymore. The packaging and the ingredients have changed.

Zhongzhou-ointment-new-packaging.jpg.133d79d7b32a52432d007a47f544854d.jpg
    If you can still get the gold box and silver jar from that website, it may not be Demodex Solutions. I checked the site and it doesn't say anywhere that Demodex Solutions owns the website.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 24th July 2020 at 12:21 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Default Hi I’m new

Hi I’m new on the forum and would like to send messages but don’t know how and can’t find send messages option, I have Demodex and would like to get rid of them thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Demodex Solutions doesn't sell that gold box with the silver jar anymore. The packaging and the ingredients have changed.

Zhongzhou-ointment-new-packaging.jpg.133d79d7b32a52432d007a47f544854d.jpg
    If you can still get the gold box and silver jar from that website, it may not be Demodex Solutions. I checked the site and it doesn't say anywhere that Demodex Solutions owns the website.
    Brady - you may be right. Another Chinese supplier may be copying the original silver box with slightly different ingredients (or indeed it could be more similar to a version of the cosmetic cream). I have ordered through your link for Demodex Solutions to see if the original version is the same as I have had in the past. Thanks.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 24th July 2020 at 04:22 PM.