Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zhongzhou cream

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Demodex Solutions doesn't sell that gold box with the silver jar anymore. The packaging and the ingredients have changed.

Attachment 5715
    If you can still get the gold box and silver jar from that website, it may not be Demodex Solutions. I checked the site and it doesn't say anywhere that Demodex Solutions owns the website.
    Hello Brady,

On the actual Demodex Solutions website... The packaging is indicated as being changed, ie to the black jar, BUT the ingredient list does not appear to have changed. (Although of course, they never did declare the entire list. But the basic list remains unchanged).

In your statement above.. you have said the packaging and the ingredients have changed. Is this perhaps an error?
    Thanks!
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

I ordered Original Zhongzhou from Demodex Solutions. However, it did not say 'Original Zhongzhou' on the packaging when it arrived unlike on the website picture. To me, it seems like it is the cosmetic Zhongzhou cream, which I have specifically ordered in the past so I know what the cosmetic version is like. Here are the links for the respective packaging, very similar but not the same:

https://www.demodexsolutions.com/pro...lfur-ointment/ Original

https://www.demodexsolutions.com/pro...etic-zz-cream/ Cosmetic cream

I'm not sure why the packaging looks so similar, but the cream that arrived certainly doesn't say 'original' on it unlike the packaging shown on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I ordered Original Zhongzhou from Demodex Solutions. However, it did not say 'Original Zhongzhou' on the packaging when it arrived unlike on the website picture. To me, it seems like it is the cosmetic Zhongzhou cream, which I have specifically ordered in the past so I know what the cosmetic version is like. Here are the links for the respective packaging, very similar but not the same:

https://www.demodexsolutions.com/pro...lfur-ointment/ Original

https://www.demodexsolutions.com/pro...etic-zz-cream/ Cosmetic cream

I'm not sure why the packaging looks so similar, but the cream that arrived certainly doesn't say 'original' on it unlike the packaging shown on the website.
    That is extremely concerning news
    I haven't placed my order yet, but had hoped all would be well, based on the demodex solutions website. Apparently they have indeed changed the original formula as well, but have not been transparent about it. Or they are really only selling the cosmetic version but continue to advertise the two? Maybe the cosmetic version is (currently) more popular and they only want to produce one type?

I doubt we will ever know the truth, as they weren't transparent about the last change either.

It causes such distress when a company changes the formula of a product, when there are people who depend on it to control health issues.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistica View Post
    Hello Brady,
    On the actual Demodex Solutions website... The packaging is indicated as being changed, ie to the black jar, BUT the ingredient list does not appear to have changed. (Although of course, they never did declare the entire list. But the basic list remains unchanged).
    In your statement above.. you have said the packaging and the ingredients have changed. Is this perhaps an error?
    Thanks!
    I am not sure that the ingredients have changed when the packaging changed. Maybe the wayback machine can show an ingredient list ten years ago and compare.

My cursory investigation using the wayback machine is the following:

On February 16, 2006 it shows the old yellow packaging with the ingredients.
    2_16_2006.jpg
    The ingriedients are:
    Zinc oxide
    Sublimed sulfur
    Menthol
    Boric acid 2%
    salicylic acid 0.5%
    Dimethiconum Composite
    And 3 more herbs which are a secret.
    ========================

On April 26, 2010 it shows the gold packaging with the ingredients.
    4_26_2010.jpg

The ingriedients are:
    Zinc oxide
    Sublimed sulfur
    Menthol
    Boric acid 2%
    salicylic acid 0.5%
    Dimethiconum Composite
    And 3 more herbs which are a secret.
    =======================

Today with the black packaging with the ingredients:
    Ingredients:
    The Ointments formula is protected by a Chinese state patent,
    some of the ingredients are:
    Zinc oxide
    Sublimed sulfur
    Menthol
    Boric acid
    salicylic acid
    Chinese medicine herbs
    and the base which is a complex formula on his own.

Because of the RRDi affiliate relationship with Demodex Solutions where we receive a small fee if someone purchases the ZZ cream to our non profit organization, Walter Freyne, the owner of Demodex Solutions, approved of the ingredient comparison spreadsheet we produced because so many asked about the ingredients. In this comparison Walter revealed more ingredients than he does on his website. I have emailed Walter and asked if the ingredients are still the same and will get back with you on this as soon as Walter responds.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 31st July 2020 at 01:30 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Thanks Brady.

I am not sure why they have made the packages of the original and cosmetic versions so similar now. But I am certain that having ordered the Original version, the version I received does not say Original on it unlike in the picture on the DS website. It seems to have the Lanolin in like the cosmetic version as it is creamier and easier to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Thanks Brady.
    I am not sure why they have made the packages of the original and cosmetic versions so similar now. But I am certain that having ordered the Original version, the version I received does not say Original on it unlike in the picture on the DS website. It seems to have the Lanolin in like the cosmetic version as it is creamier and easier to apply.
    I have emailed Walter Freyne, owner of Demodex Solutions. He usually replies but takes some time to get back to me. The last email Walter explained that he has been having issues, his website crashed totally and he had to rebuild it from scratch and lost a lot of the Demodex Forum. He couldn't get the ZZ cream to Amazon because of all the restrictions of items shipped from China so for sometime, Amazon was out of the ZZ cream. Apparently he got some through and Amazon now has it in its warehouse in the USA, and the ZZ cream is shipped again from Amazon. He is also having issue with shipping from China to the USA because of the the corona virus issues, so, now, Demodex Solutions is shipping for free from China to orders in the USA but it takes three to four weeks to arrive.

So as soon as I get a reply from Walter about the ingredients I am waiting just like you.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Got this reply from Walter Freyne, Demodex Solutions:

"I am Walter from Demodex Solutions ltd trying to clear up some things.
    ZhongZhou ointment is made by Kunming Zhongzhou Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd which makes only this product.
    We already buy directly from the factory and distribute this ointment for 17 years, during all this time
    we were and still are in close contact with the factory and Professor Zhao Zhongzhou, so we know what we are talking about.
    First of all, the active ingredients were never changed since the beginning of the factory, the ointment is an officially registered
    and patented as OTC medicine and because of this nothing on the active ingredients can be changed without going through the whole
    registering cycle again (clinical tests etc) but once again, NOT ONE active ingredient was changed.
    The factory allowed us to change the packing to English language and design of the box but the original ointment is still exactly the same as
    the golden Chinese packing and is still produced and packed in the same factory exclusively for us.
    This way we can also control better the counterfeit products if they would appear.

Since some countries don't allow to import a medicine from abroad we asked the factory to make a cosmetic version for us.
    There are no forbidden substances in the ointment, the only thing we needed to change is removing:
    1. the boric acid (not allowed in cosmetic products anymore) which was used as a preservative so doesn?t influence on the working of the ointment
    2. and the Triethanolamine which was used for the base, so the base is slightly modified to be more soft for the skin
    and of course the text of the packing because as cosmetic product one cannot say that it heals something.
    So the active ingredients of the cosmetic version are exactly the same as the original and working the same good, only the base is more soft for the skin.
    This cosmetic version is made exclusively for us.

Regarding this UK Company, they are not allowed to sell ZhongZhou ointment, we are the exclusive dealers for the whole
    of Europe including the United kingdom.
    We have no idea where they get it, maybe from a Chinese wholesaler or it is a counterfeit product which there are many in China,
    the factory is investigating this case.

For your information, ZZ Cream cosmetic is also available on amazon.com

Best regards

Walter"
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

I recently ordered The Original ZZ cream from the Demodex Solutions website and I can confirm the base is different from my previous batch despite what the official stance is.

To clarify, I am only commenting on the base/vehicle, not the active ingredients.

These days, I only apply it over my nose and above upper lip area and in these areas, I mix it with my niacinamide gel.
    I was relieved that it mixed well and the finish was nice.
    I was also able to apply a little more around my nostrils where I have some telangiectasias, with the results being, a slight coverage, but not poster paint white.

I can apply a covered ice pack to my face without the ZZ or mix peeling off my face. I can also make facial movements without any separation or cracking of ingredients. This makes it functional for me and is a huge relief. I was very worried about this aspect.

It took a bit of time to get the mix right. And it has only been one day, so who knows if I had pot luck today with it going right. I will update if anything changes.

When applying the ZZ to the back of my hand on it's own, and comparing it with my previous batch (I still have half a jar left), there is a distinct difference in finish.

How is everyone else getting on with this 'new' original version?

On a side note, I want to mention, that I had some difficulties in placing my order and I emailed Walter for assistance.
    He replied promptly, resolving my issue and also advising that I had paid too much in shipping due to some technical issue with the website, and he immediately refunded the excess.
    This type of service is excellent and on previous occasions when I have had some queries, Walter has always been prompt and helpful.
    I am sure the changes to the ZZ base happen without him being advised by the factory.
    Last edited by Mistica; 10th September 2020 at 08:19 AM.
    Previous Numerous IPL.

I have just placed an order via Amazon. I have never previously tried zz cream. I have Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea and am hoping that it provides some relief for the ongoing stinging/burning. Hopefully it also helps to reduce the diffuse redness.

Do you recommend that I initially apply every night (after test patch)?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik1967 View Post
    I have just placed an order via Amazon. I have never previously tried zz cream. I have Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea and am hoping that it provides some relief for the ongoing stinging/burning. Hopefully it also helps to reduce the diffuse redness. Do you recommend that I initially apply every night (after test patch)?
    Here is the recommended regimen:

(1) Just before bed, wash face with acarid soap (or non irritating soap or just warm water) and rinse with lots of water.

(2) Apply the ZZ cream on face especially the red areas and pimples (some prefer to dilute the ZZ cream with water). Let it dry before you lay your face on a pillow. Be careful when applying around your eyes, and if you do get near your eyes, close your eyes and then go to bed asap. ZZ cream causes tearing of the eyes.

(3) In AM, wash the ZZ cream off with just water. Then apply fresh amount of ZZ cream. If you have dry skin, you may apply instead your favorite moisturizer. Many have recommended rose hip oil or shea butter or whatever your favorite moisturizer.

Repeat steps 1 thru 3 each day.

Some love the menthol cooling effect when you apply it (I prefer it since it cools the skin) while some complain about it. Everyone is so different and some have extremely sensitive skin which recently one report says is different from rosacea, but the line between sensitive skin and rosacea is very thin. It will take a month to know if the ZZ cream improves your condition and three to four months for clearance. Many here at RF love the ZZ cream.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi