Thread: Vitamin d3 deficit and seb derm plus rosacea

Default Vitamin d3 deficit and seb derm plus rosacea

Vitamin d3 deficit and seb derm plus rosacea
    If vitamin d3 deficit, the best is take vitamin k2 mk7 90 mcg per day to metabolize the vitamin d3 for skin?
    But is a good idea to take vitamin d3 in supplement?
    And how much per day?
    I am very pale cause don't go often to the sun so perhaps is one of my problem who is the perfect pitch for seb derm and demodex in rosacea.
    Thks for your replies

There are some papers that say rosaceans have a Vitamin D deficit while others say we have too much Vitamins D. A controversy. [1]

Wouldn't it be incredible or even miraculous if a non profit organization for rosacea would sponsor some independent research on this subject? There are at least four non profit organizations for rosacea research and if you count the AAD [which would be stretching it some since it is difficult, if not impossible to know how much the AAD spends on rosacea research] it would be a project to figure out how much the AAD spends on rosacea research, but probably it would be very little. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) hasn't spent one dime on rosacea research and each year it spends about $31 billion. [2] Why is that the case? You need to put rosacea in perspective of other idiopathic diseases to understand why. [3]

There is only one non profit organization for rosacea founded by rosacea sufferers. All the others are founded by non rosaceans and all you do is see who is serving on the board of directors and note how the board members on each rosacea non profit benefits how the donations are spent (each board determines how the donations are spent). Follow the money (where does most of the donations end up being spent on?). Of course, if you could gather together say 10K rosaceans into one non profit organization for rosacea and fund a paper on Vitamin D with each member donating just one dollar, it would be a cinch to get a reputable medical clinician to investigate further into this Vitamin D controversy and nail it to the wall whether rosaceans have too much Vitamin D or too less by offering $10K to investigate this subject in a double blind, placebo controlled, peer reviewed study and write a paper. However, if you did get 10K rosaceans together to donate each $1 that would be a miracle in itself. And probably the 10K members might want the money going to another subject more important than Vitamin D. What might that subject be? Alas, this dream of mine, which began over sixteen years ago, hasn't brought about such unity among rosacea sufferers. Instead, rosacea sufferers are splintered into private social media groups, i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, etc. [4] and continue to parrot the non profit organizations for rosacea that are run by non rosacea board members. And rosaceans prefer and love it that way. However, there is perhaps a glimmer of hope. The owner of the Rosacea Forum, [rosaceagroup.org], this forum you are now in, formed a non profit organization about fifteen years ago and gathered together a group of rosacea sufferers and collected a total of $16K and donated all of this to the NRS. So, it could be done. However, this non profit for rosacea dissolved. What happened? Read for yourself.

[1] Do Rosacea Sufferers have Nutritional Deficiencies?, RRDi
    scroll down to the subheading, Vitamin D

[2] Rosacea Research in Perspective of Funding, RRDi

[3] Rosacea Research in Perspective of Idiopathic Diseases, RRDi

[4] Where have all the rosaceans gone?, RRDi
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 25th January 2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Thks for your reply but at the end I don't what to do in term of vitamin.
    I mean for my seb derm
    There are good vitamins to eradicate seb derm
    Tom busby told me for Malassezia is good to take vitamin k2 mk7 90mcg per day to synthezise vitamin d to the skin.
    But really don't know
    Hé told me shampoo with piroctone olamine and climbazole ( his products line aquavive)
    I bought one in 2018 but don't use it all the day only time to time.
    I was in good form and got relative good skin but since this lockout with covid 19 my skin problems are back.
    Before the lockout all was fine my skin was fine not perfect but fine for me, I practiced sport (soccer), was waitting to advance on my professional project but this Covid-19 lockout was terrible for me cause my skin I worse than before the lockout now.
    Last edited by hart07; 17th June 2020 at 02:56 AM.

I tried different vitamins and I have a couple of questions. Firstly, do you think it's worth adding foods high in vitamin d like eggs, fish, and cheese into the diet alongside supplements and sunlight?

Secondly, do you think it's worth going outside for vitamin d even if it's not fully sunny? Can you still get vitamin d from sunlight that isn't very bright?

Other than that, I'm 36 and have some gray. I've been taking collagen and have noticed that it is improving my skin and seems to be making my hair grow slightly fuller/thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by hart07 View Post
    Thks for your reply but at the end I don't what to do in term of vitamin.
    I mean for my seb derm
    There are good vitamins to eradicate seb derm
    Tom busby told me for Malassezia is good to take vitamin k2 mk7 90mcg per day to synthezise vitamin d to the skin.
    But really don't know
    Hé told me shampoo with piroctone olamine and climbazole ( his products line aquavive)
    I bought one in 2018 but don't use it all the day only time to time.
    I was in good form and got relative good skin but since this lockout with covid 19 my skin problems are back.
    Before the lockout all was fine my skin was fine not perfect but fine for me, I practiced sport (soccer), was waitting to advance on my professional project but this Covid-19 lockout was terrible for me cause my skin I worse than before the lockout now.
    That is why we need more research since the jury is out whether rosaceans have too much Vitamin D or too less, and we simply haven't had much investigation into Vitamin K2, mk7, or vitamin d topical. I tried Tom's shampoo and the RRDi has a post about the shampoo/cleanser and the lotion.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26th January 2021 at 03:49 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieVasquez View Post
    I tried different vitamins and I have a couple of questions. Firstly, do you think it's worth adding foods high in vitamin d like eggs, fish, and cheese into the diet alongside supplements and sunlight?

Secondly, do you think it's worth going outside for vitamin d even if it's not fully sunny? Can you still get vitamin d from sunlight that isn't very bright?

Other than that, I'm 36 and have some gray. I've been taking collagen and have noticed that it is improving my skin and seems to be making my hair grow slightly fuller/thicker.
    There ia a general consensus that eating a nutritional diet with 'eggs, fish and cheese' is good for your health and for your skin. Supplements have always been a controversial subject with the 'nutritional authorities,' some say the food we are eating is lacking in nutrition and promote vitamins and supplements while others say eating a wholesome, balanced, nutritional diet is sufficient and no need for vitamins and supplements. Some of these 'nutritional authorities' recommend you get get tests to see if you are lacking in any nutrition.

As for sunlight, most dermatologists will recommend you stay out of the sun, wear a sunscreen and hat if you are in the sun, especially if you have been taking antibiotics. There are some who report that taking a vacation in the sun improves rosacea.

I would google your second question and spend some time reading the results, since I don't know.

Don't have much on collagen and rosacea, which would be worth the time to investigate but a cursory search using the RRDi search tool got 159 results which you can browse through. The RF search tool results in 20 pages of results which you might want to investigate what has been already posted here at RF about collagen with a half hour search. For example, I spent two minutes on this search here at RF and on page three found this post which may help you. You have other results in this search that you may be interested in reviewing.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Thanks Brady for your descriptive post. I reviewed the post link you have mentioned. I was just comparing one of the products here and it seems to be the budget is too high for Sisley Night Cream onthis site I don't get it. However, Since as I mentioned earlier I've been using collagen powder that I purchased last month from here which I was never given a try before So should I keep playing with the dosage until I find something that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bevin123 View Post
    Thanks Brady for your descriptive post. I reviewed the post link you have mentioned. I was just comparing one of the products here and it seems to be the budget is too high for Sisley Night Cream onthis site I don't get it. However, Since as I mentioned earlier I've been using collagen powder that I purchased last month from here which I was never given a try before So should I keep playing with the dosage until I find something that works for me.
    I am not familiar with collagen nor have I written any posts on this subject, so, I apologize for not being able to answer your question. If you do learn something that can help rosaceans, please post your results and what you discover on your collagen journey.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi