Thread: decent derm in south west UK?

Default decent derm in south west UK?

Hi
    Anyone in the south west of UK that can recommend a dermatologist. The lockdown means that 99% are closed and GPs here, at least, are only doing phone consultations. I sent my gp some photos and he said it was sd and recommended a steroid but he was guessing and got it wrong I believe. I need a proper diagnosis so at least I know what I am dealing with. Im having all the classic symptoms and believe it is ocular rosacea.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by villa1963 View Post
    Hi
    Anyone in the south west of UK that can recommend a dermatologist. The lockdown means that 99% are closed and GPs here, at least, are only doing phone consultations. I sent my gp some photos and he said it was sd and recommended a steroid but he was guessing and got it wrong I believe. I need a proper diagnosis so at least I know what I am dealing with. Im having all the classic symptoms and believe it is ocular rosacea.
    cheers
    Dr John Ashworth is an experienced dermatologist, based near Manchester, who does online consultations at an affordable price. I've seen him face to face and he seemed good.

https://dermatologist.co.uk/online-consult/

Quote Originally Posted by villa1963 View Post
    Hi
    cheers
    Hi,

I had a patch test at Bath RUH and later saw a consultant called Dr C R Lovell and he made the problem worse and didn't
    reply to emails. This was in 2011 and wouldn't see him again. It is upto you, but that was my experience in Bath. Phil