Thread: Best medication for social flushing

Default Best medication for social flushing

Hi,

I'm wondering what the best medication is for social flushing. I have prominent baseline redness, and even talking to people will make it worse. I will also feel the nerves tingling in my face and feel that i'm getting redder, so to speak.

I've already tried propranolol which works well for nervous situations (e.g. giving a presentation) but is not for everyday use (at least for me) because I'll feel like crying and get very sleepy.

Would love to hear from you guys! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaweismann View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering what the best medication is for social flushing. I have prominent baseline redness, and even talking to people will make it worse. I will also feel the nerves tingling in my face and feel that i'm getting redder, so to speak.

I've already tried propranolol which works well for nervous situations (e.g. giving a presentation) but is not for everyday use (at least for me) because I'll feel like crying and get very sleepy.

Would love to hear from you guys! Thanks
    Hi Joshua

As long as I deal with the demodex mites, I don't get the tingling in my face. In fact, in recent times of the virus when people are told to stop scratching their face, it isn't an issue for me, because your face really tingles a lot less without the mites in my experience. Try zhongzhou cream for the mites from Amazon or www.demodex.co.uk. Or Soolantra - but this is a lot less effective. This will hopefully reduce your baseline redness. Propranolol didn't work much for me either. Moxonodine and an anti-inflammatory is likely to help you more in general - e.g. hydroxychloroquine or mirtazapine.

Last edited by Brady Barrows; 23rd May 2020 at 07:38 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I've not seen anyone have good experiences with Carvedilol on the Forum unfortunately. I do have some, but was put off by the bad reports.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    I've not seen anyone have good experiences with Carvedilol on the Forum unfortunately. I do have some, but was put off by the bad reports.
    That is what we call the X-Factor in rosacea. You are probably right that in a poll propranolol would win out over carvedilol.

Here are a couple:

"I have tried carvedilol with no problem. I switched back to propranolol though, as it is cheaper and seems to do just as fine." capt292 post no 3

"Prof chu started me on carvedilol too. I have low blood pressure and GP was worried. The carvedilol does lower it slightly but then it balances out after a while. I had a few dizzy spots when first started as blood pressure was low anyway. But now fine." ginaisred post no 4
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi