Thread: Which laser for redness and some broken capillaries? Is cutera an IPL?

Default Which laser for redness and some broken capillaries? Is cutera an IPL?

I have redness and some broken capillaries, I flush easily which I hate. I love it when I wake up pale.. Which laser is the best and is there any that doesn't work at all? Some of the options are: 1. Alma Harmony DyeVl 2. Alma Harmony® Nd:Yag 1064 NM 3. Nd:Yag Fotona – Dualis XP Plus 4. CUTERA EXCEL V
    Are these all IPLs? I was so happy that they're real lasers, not IPLs but not I'm bummed. Are they all the same? Is one better than others?
    Btw, what happens if I do the laser 2-3 weeks spaced apart? Will I get burned or will they not be effective?

Quote Originally Posted by red1990 View Post
    I have redness and some broken capillaries, I flush easily which I hate. I love it when I wake up pale.. Which laser is the best and is there any that doesn't work at all? Some of the options are: 1. Alma Harmony DyeVl 2. Alma Harmony® Nd:Yag 1064 NM 3. Nd:Yag Fotona – Dualis XP Plus 4. CUTERA EXCEL V
    Are these all IPLs? I was so happy that they're real lasers, not IPLs but not I'm bummed. Are they all the same? Is one better than others?
    Btw, what happens if I do the laser 2-3 weeks spaced apart? Will I get burned or will they not be effective?
    Before you go for laser, are you using any topicals?

You could try Niacinamide for three months or so, as this strengthens the skin barrier and helps retain moisture.

I think those lasers you listed are vascular lasers, in that they use one particular wavelength to target vessels without causing damage to other tissue.

I've had PDL aka Vbeam with some success in the past. My last treatment was on November 15th but I never really recovered from it - in fact, I had what looks like permament baseline redness in all the areas the laser hit.

I've also had an IPL in the past (November '18) which is a broadband light treatment and not strictly considered "laser". I felt my treatment helped as when I healed I had speckles of pale skin all over my face, meaning some of the diffuse redness was subtracted after about 3 weeks of healing/recovery.

The Cutera Excel V is something I may look into as although it's a shorter wavelength at 532nm (whereas Vbeam is 595nm and gets deeper down) there's much less downtime.

See if you can exhaust other options for now. No one's going anywhere because of lock down, so look up The Ordinary and consider buying some of the products. Hyaluronic Acid is very hydrating but you will need to watch videos about these products from some of the dermatologists on YouTube like Dr Davin Lim, Dr Sam Bunting and Dr Davin Lim.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by red1990 View Post
    Hi,
    Alma Harmony DyeVL is a narrow band IPL, which operates within 500-600 nm. I was treated with it once and obtained very good results. I would stay clear from Yag as the risks are too important. Cutera Excel is a vascular laser and has less side effects, but these can always occur, please bear it in mind.

If your only problem is flushing, then I would opt for a red light therapy. It knocked off my flushinh, made it practically non existent.

hi can i ask what red light therpy you use? i flush pretty badly baseline redness etc. tried 3 ndyag laser with bruising which did nothing bar make my skin more sensitive and leave my skin patchy. ive just tried one ipl but have to wait for more due to the virus. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeychaps123 View Post
    hi can i ask what red light therpy you use? i flush pretty badly baseline redness etc. tried 3 ndyag laser with bruising which did nothing bar make my skin more sensitive and leave my skin patchy. ive just tried one ipl but have to wait for more due to the virus. Thank you!!
    I use this one: https://redlightman.com/product/red-mini-670/.
    I have been using it for several years now. I did not use to flush enormously, only slightly, but still it was a huge problem for me. Right now I do not flush at all and I attribute it entirely to RLT. It calms my skin and acts as an anti-inflammattory.

For you flushers as well as red faced folks, comsider Azelaic Acid. I'm currently working back up to using it daily at 20% strength (Skinoren) which I was doing before my last treatment. I stopped it while I healed from My November PDL.

I've only recently started on the AA using twice weekly for a month. The hope is to eliminate some of the post inflamatory erythema (PIE) caused by the PDL. AA can do a lot for many symptoms involving redness, inclusing helping the skin be less reactive to the elements.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."