Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zz cream - large bumps?

Simple Directions for Use
    (1) Just before bed, wash face with acarid soap (or non irritating soap or just warm water) and rinse with lots of water.
    (2) Apply the ZZ cream on face especially the red areas and pimples (some prefer to dilute the ZZ cream with water). Let it dry before you lay your face on a pillow. Be careful when applying around your eyes, and if you do get near your eyes, close your eyes and then go to bed asap. ZZ cream causes tearing of the eyes.

(3) In AM, wash the ZZ cream off with just water. Then apply your favorite moisturizer. Many have recommended rose hip oil or shea butter or whatever your favorite moisturizer.
    Repeat steps 1 thru 3 each day.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Default Day 11

Thank you Brady for the clear directions.

As for my update, I’m still experiencing dryness and flakes but my skin feels dehydrated and shiny. I’ve read posts from others saying that the skin will regulate but it is an uncomfortable symptom. Is drying the surface an important part of killing the mites?

I did wake up with some bumps around the temples and jawline/ears which is where I often get them.

After my shower I used some aloe and a drop of Rosehip seed oil this morning. It doesn’t seem to moisturize much.

Does anyone know where I can find the “what to expect” from demodex solutions? I can’t find anything on the website.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyTeacher View Post
    Thank you Brady for the clear directions.
    As for my update, I’m still experiencing dryness and flakes but my skin feels dehydrated and shiny. I’ve read posts from others saying that the skin will regulate but it is an uncomfortable symptom. Is drying the surface an important part of killing the mites?
    I did wake up with some bumps around the temples and jawline/ears which is where I often get them.
    After my shower I used some aloe and a drop of Rosehip seed oil this morning. It doesn’t seem to moisturize much.
    Does anyone know where I can find the “what to expect” from demodex solutions? I can’t find anything on the website.
    Thanks again!
    It is common for those with dry skin to experience more dryness with the ZZ cream, which is one of the side effects. Sulphur dries the skin. Might want to see if more drops of rose hip oil helps. There is a forum you can post questions.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

[QUOTE=ArtyTeacher;353382]Thank you Brady for the clear directions.

Thanks again![/QU

I have the original "What to Expect"! Let me see if I can upload it here. Or I can email it to you! In terms of the dryness, my skin got very dry the first few weeks, but smoother. That was a miracle for me because my skin had felt like sandpaper for years. I stuck with a very simple moisturizer both morning and night. Over time your skin WILL heal, and should be able to moisturize itself naturally, so have faith. I personally think the demodex destroy the outer layer of our skin, and it takes weeks-months for your skin to go back to a "normal" state. Keep us posted!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Depends on if you ordered directly from Demodex Solutions or through Amazon who you contact.
    I purchased through demodex solutions to support this forum. I contacted them and have not heard back either

Quote Originally Posted by Rtstar View Post
    I purchased through demodex solutions to support this forum. I contacted them and have not heard back either
    Fill out this contact form.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I already filled out that form last week

Quote Originally Posted by Rtstar View Post
    I already filled out that form last week
    I sent you a private message.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Default Day 22

Update: because of the dryness and flakiness of my skin I started applying moisturizer during the day and a few dots of zz on top. I still apply it on its own at night but always wake with flakes in the morning.
    I’ve been getting p&p still but they resolve quickly for the most part. Last night when I washed my face I noticed I had many more individual spots spread all over including what I would call my recurring areas like my temples and a spot on my forehead. I always have tiny pin point whiteheads on my jawline.
    Not sure if this is par for the course or something else has changed.
    I know I’m still within the 1st month and am hoping this is expected.
    My skin is still oily during the day and when I wake up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyTeacher View Post
    Update: because of the dryness and flakiness of my skin I started applying moisturizer during the day and a few dots of zz on top. I still apply it on its own at night but always wake with flakes in the morning.
    I’ve been getting p&p still but they resolve quickly for the most part. Last night when I washed my face I noticed I had many more individual spots spread all over including what I would call my recurring areas like my temples and a spot on my forehead. I always have tiny pin point whiteheads on my jawline.
    Not sure if this is par for the course or something else has changed.
    I know I’m still within the 1st month and am hoping this is expected.
    My skin is still oily during the day and when I wake up in the morning.
    You will know within a couple of weeks whether your skin is improving with the ZZ cream. If you do have oily skin is the am, no need for the moisturizer.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi